PDA

View Full Version : Took the back standing.

Wiegieboard
03-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Say you take the back standing and have a harness position with hooks in. Is there a most effective way of bringing your opponent to the ground from here? So far I've been arching my back and pushing my hips forward to cause my partner to fall backwards although if he leans forwards a bit he can just manage to stand. What should I switch to from here? I'm not overly great with my takedowns and don't feel confident with throws so help here would be appreciated. I'd like to keep my hooks and harness in.
Thanks,
Neill Wylie

Wiegieboard
04-06-2005, 01:24 AM
Thanks ocelot and yorkie ben. I'll give the suggestions a try when I come to the situation again and try and work it a bit.
Neill :D

Wiegieboard
04-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Lol sorry I was VERY drunk at the time of reply and may have mixed names up there. I mean thanks to everyone who gives me help.
Would the suplex work from the harness position? or would I be better off to insert underhooks for this? I'm really rather shit standing you see.
cheers,
Neill

Wiegieboard
04-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Cool thanks, I see what you mean with the trapping an arm. That would set up that Tbar takedown thing quite nicely. I'll give it a go on monday at training. Thanks for the help.

widge milward
05-06-2005, 03:59 AM
bum im

Wiegieboard
06-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Guy I practiced on tonight was massive. I released the over under and dug in underhooks, Suplex kinda worked but the guy was about 18-19 stone or so which made it hard to gain any real hight. The second one I tried was the tripping from the back T-bar which worked well and then I tried it with the arm trapped which I found made it a lot easier. I think the lesson I learned was that I have to avoid the dude jumping onto his back at all costs as it looked just that bit tooo painful in the clip.