Fokai Familia come to UK - Garra
one of the old school MMA / BJJ companies has come to the UK through thier familia Garra
loads of cool stuff as worn by Dana White in season 1 of TUF and BJ Penn (when he was sponsored by them)
Gi Review: TUFF Fightwear lightweight BJJ gi
Continuing my series of independent unbiased BJJ gi reviews, here is the latest: TUFF Fightwear's lightweight BJJ gi:
1. Very light, only 1.4Kg for an A2
2. Very cheap, only £39.99 plus postage
3. Great jacket, with good reinforcements and fabric is comparable to other 'British' gi brands
4. Rope cord belt tie around trousers does not come undone or get lost within hem.
1. Quite a bit of shrinkage (despite claiming pre-shrunk)
2. Trousers shrink a lot
3. Trousers much thinner compared to other brands I've tested.
4. Rope cord riding upwards could be a problem (see the review for full description)
5. Slightly stiff rubberised collar and lapels compared to my Vulkans, but might soften over time.
Other than that, I was very very impressed with this gi. Considering the cost and the incredible light weight, I would say this would make a great first time gi for newcomers and a good second comp gi for experienced players.
Disclaimer: I am not endorsed or sponsored by any gi company, my reviews are totally independent.