i like you Fella ;)
i like you Fella ;)
The equality argument doesn't really stand up, if the tech is there, use it, should the new goal line tech in football be banned now because it is only used in the Prem? Just because some org's have more tech than others, maybe those other orgs should be looking to move upward and get video filming etc, lets not hold the sport back and say lets use the lowest common denominator. Fact is, dude tapped, got found out, correct result now applies, I don't see how anyone should have an issue with that. Just because it wasn't seen at the time, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Can someone sum up for me in like 1 sentence what happened in the Ventre vs Firm fight?
For one guy to win in the 2nd only for it to be overturned and the other dude win in the first.
If something happens in the first and its missed then it counts for nothing, shit happens?
A rare excellent post from our welsh friend :)
Next stop - Royce / Sakuraba goddammit
Oh and the NSA drink coffee so its all good, they said Jimmy, you really need to ease up on that dwarf hamster cross dressing porn though.....
Really? Over 8 years you have been an official? I cant remember you being - certainly as a referee that long? Do you know the date and place of this first show over 8 years ago that you were an official? I made my debut as referee in September of 2004 at UK Storm - I certainly did not know you then, or shortly after as an official? Please do correct me if I am mistaken.Quote:
My issue is that as an active official for over 8 years
Please do explain to me how this is potentially "damaging to our sport" ?Quote:
I believe this decision to be both flawed and potentially damaging to our sport
Correct, did you not see my detailed post?Quote:
and if things like this are going to happen I believe it should explained why
Absolutely correct. No one agrees with me 100% of the time.Quote:
Whilst I respect and often ask for advice and clarification from Mr Goddard when I have an issue to resolve I can also publically disagree with him.
You may be confused a little here? No "standards" have been set but a decision has been made. You can and do very rightfully ask questions - please don't expect that you will always rightfully get a response.Quote:
This is everyone's sport and if standards are going to be set from the top us in the middle can ask why
Interestingly enough, to my knowledge, Adam Ventre's opponent, coach or representative have made no grounds or reasoning for challenging my decision.
I trust that we can all move on from this now.
Marc I asked this before but you may have missed it.
Did any of the officials outside of the cage or any independent person you could trust see the tap at the time?
I did not see the fight so just trying to get an understanding of how/why the fight stopped and was then restarted.
Did you have time to consult with anyone after the choke was released?
Also in the event this should occur again, would/should you handle it differently?
1. My first experience of refereeing was at an interclub i believe in 2005, I may be out a year either way. The fact you didn't know me then holds no relevance, I also didn't know you. I did referee with me Neil Hall in 2006 I believe, so that was 7 years ago
2. Potentially damaging as setting a president for this potentially ope a up a can of worms. Did you not read my detailed comments? I explained why and it appears half the crowd here agrees with me
3. Yea you did, that post refers to Mr Ventres comments where he asked me why I questioned it, this was before you commented
4. And we have, what I consider, a good relationship and I know you won't mind me asking you to explain
Something to me. At least that's what I presume
5. I consider you a friend and hope I can ask questions, of course you don't have to answer them. Mr Ventres opponent is now in Thailand so is t in a position to Perdue this, not that is my issue. But this, in my opinion is a groundbreaking event and sets a president for how these things should/could be handled in the future. As you know, I am happy to follow your lead and have asked you to clear up points of confusion for me before, this was no different apart from the fact I don't/didn't agree with the action taken
All officials should be working to the same set of rules yea, this was me wanting clarification on something that as you can see is dividing many