Thread: What's next for Jess?

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

Default What's next for Jess?

Jess went through a rough patch in 2005 but this year he seems to have really gotten his game together and has beaten 3 top UK fighters and should definitely be included among the UK's welterweight elite (even if he is French).

He has always been a very well rounded fighter, and many of hiss losses (IMO) were due to errors in strategy (being too willing to fight off his back) but lets not forget how talented the guys who beat him were (Shonie Carter, Daley, Ewin, Momna, all TOP fighters)

Who would you like to see him fight next?

I think guys like Matt Thorpe and Dan Hardy would be great fights for 'The Joker'

DROC
    "You've got a lot of opinions for someone who's not on there!"
    Michael Bisping
    "Showed a lot of grit" - Ian Butlin

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

LOL Marc, I have no ties with Jess professionally or otherwise, I've even been told he doesn't like me (shocking that eh?), but I like to give credit where it's due and Jess has been on fire this year.

In Cage Rage, Sol would be another great opponent or Phil Norman. A rematch with Daley would be interesting, I'm not sure though, that it holds any interest for Daley who's fighting bigger and bigger names all the time.

I don't think anyone would 'beat Jess down' especially with his current form but I think Dan would definitely be a very tough fight and one I'm not sure he'd win.

He's one of the best, most talented WW's in the country right now and he doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves on here.

DROC
    Michael Bisping

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

Swanny,

Maybe you're right, I was wrong once before, cost me 100 Only one real way to find out though ...

DROC
    Michael Bisping

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

But remember this, i will probably think that you ranking is full of sh*t,
    Lol

Good Luck mate, hope you get the fights you want
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Quote Originally Posted by ghettograppling View Post
    Dan is out of the question for now (we all know why) and i understand that Paul wanna face international oponents and i respect that, but he will have to defend his Brtish title at some point , and that day, i ll be there.
    Out of interest why is that.

No probs shorty :dance:

But remember this, i will probably think that you ranking is full of sh*t, but it doesnt mean i ve got something about you personally and i want to beat you up. I dont agree with Kainer must of the time and think that he s a bit of a twat, but it doesnt stop me talking to him outside of the forum.
    Thanks Jess :/

In the past i think you have taken some really bad fights and that has hurt your record and you can't argue that in turn its hurts the way people look at you. At 1 point you went through a run where you were 1-6 in 7 consecutive MMA fights (Admittedly all against top guys)

You have turned that round now with 3 good domestic wins and respect to you for that and it will be interesting to see where you go from here

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    I feel you beat Peter A to easily so these two are better names, then who knows
    Swanny, I have fought four of the TOP TEN UK WW in my last bouts last year (Daley, Wallhead, Jenkins and Thorpe) and have beaten two by submissions in round 1! So you shouldn't take me too light....
    Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!

German Vale Tudo - German Top Team - GTT Shop

Lhn

He's one of the best, most talented WW's in the country right now and he doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves on here.

Agreed. There is no ww in the UK that is dominant, those at the top could win against each other if they were to fight depending on strategy etc. Thats the wonderful thing about the sport, unless your fighting Fedor, you never do know.

Admittedly Jess did have some tough fights which didn't go his way, but his ability has always been clear and droc is right that he didn't get the credit he deserved. Not many gave him the chance against Mason, in many people books he was the clear underdog, but the result didn't surprise me as I had predicted him winning. Rematch with Daley would be amazing, but that doesn't look likely in the near future.

Good luck Jess with the gym and your any future fights in 2007.

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

Oh my gosh !! So much love from you Droc , i dont know what to say :cry

I am not too keen on fighting Sol, he s a very good mate.

Regarding not getting credit, i guess it s 2 reasons for that. 1 : All the new mma fans just saw me getting my ass kicked and 2 : A very small group of peoples s been talking shit about me during many year now. I guess some peoples beleve what they are saying or just agree with them. We know who they are.
    LOL I always give credit where it's due.

Fair enough about Sol.

Well you're back on the right track now so hopefully you'll keep going that way and get the credit you deserve.

DROC
    Michael Bisping

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES