Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turning vegi...

Default Turning vegi...

Is it a good idea to turn vegi while in training?
    For anyone who has done it..Did you love much muscle mass or strength?

Any advice will be helpful.

Keon

Slightly Sleazy

Don't do it. Unless you have very very very strong reasons you can't eat meat you should be eating it, particularly if you are training.

Otherwise you'll be eating boring protein substitutes, signing onto the dole and wearing synthetic shoes so as not to hurt any poor little animals.

I'm sure that wasn't the answer he was looking for. I don't eat meat and I'm fine

Troll hater.

Georges hackenschmidt the great estonian greco roman wrestler was veggie in later life, all he said was to eat eggs and drink milk and eat natural nuts...eat as many veggies and fruit as you want too..plus gallons of water..i recently thought about becoming veggie too...have you seen the recent petitioning against KFC, the cruelty to these animals is sickening ..Sorry off the subject

I'm not doing it for any dietry reason or anything like that, i just want to try it out and wanted to know if it would make me feal weak or anything.

Troll hater.

Eat eggs and milk and you won't become weak.. Vegans are weak

Quote Originally Posted by simmy View Post
    Eat eggs and milk and you won't become weak.. Vegans are weak
    gonna have to disagree. i was vegan for 2 years until going back to vegetarian about a month ago. It didn't affect my strength at all. As long as you eat fine, you should be all right. i also think it comes down to genetics as well. It can affect some people more than others. check out www.mikemahler.com. he is vegan and is a strength coach. has trained frank shamrock and others. also MMA fighter Mac Danzig is also vegan.

Troll hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    gonna have to disagree. i was vegan for 2 years until going back to vegetarian about a month ago. It didn't affect my strength at all. As long as you eat fine, you should be all right. i also think it comes down to genetics as well. It can affect some people more than others. check out www.mikemahler.com. he is vegan and is a strength coach. has trained frank shamrock and others. also MMA fighter Mac Danzig is also vegan.
    Thanx for the link..Gonna agree with the genetics part too...As i am 127kgs in your opinion, would i loose alot of weight as i just built a home mma gym and gonna be training full time..5-8 hrs 5-7 days?? or should i eat meat..honest opinion

Quote Originally Posted by simmy View Post
    Thanx for the link..Gonna agree with the genetics part too...As i am 127kgs in your opinion, would i loose alot of weight as i just built a home mma gym and gonna be training full time..5-8 hrs 5-7 days?? or should i eat meat..honest opinion
    Well, in no way am i denying the positive factors of eating meat (protein etc) I would go back to eating meat if i could bring myself to do it, but i just cant.I would say give it a trial run for a little while and see how it affects you. If your not happy with the results, go back. Like i said before, it affects people differently. I'm sure some people will disagree with certain things, but whatever. As long as you eat right, get your protein intake (shakes, solid food etc) you should be fine.

Troll hater.

Thanks mate..Gonna give it a try from this minute