Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6ft4 and 155lbs...

Default 6ft4 and 155lbs...

Just watched UF series last night.
    How tame was that fight with the lightweights?
    How many of you would be so cautious about engaging with a taller extremely skinny man?

Surely this fella has no strength and is relying purely on any skills he's learned?
    How can people that tall even fight at that weight?

I thought overeem was slim at 6ft5 and 210.
    surely this man will get destroyed if a man with some agression attacks him?
    Each new hour holds a new beginning, a new horizon; offering us space to place new steps to change

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    Just watched UF series last night.
    How tame was that fight with the lightweights?
    How many of you would be so cautious about engaging with a taller extremely skinny man?

Surely this fella has no strength and is relying purely on any skills he's learned?
    How can people that tall even fight at that weight?

I thought overeem was slim at 6ft5 and 210.
    surely this man will get destroyed if a man with some agression attacks him?
    Unless infact he is very strong and hits hard as fuck. Tommy Hearns boxed at 147 at 6 2 looked skinny as and those long limbs gave him excellent levers to produce ridiculous power. If your a sold 155 your a solid 155 wether your 6' 4'' or 5' 2'', i guess you just bring different attributes. My brother is 6' 3'' and 11 stone, never trains, is a veggie, lives a hippy lifestyle but does a lot of DIY and is strong as an ox, even though he doesn't look it.

Its not his cup you can feel.... Mike Bishop's Avatar

I reckon he should 'man-up' and fight at a decent weight. Dull fight as well and he doesn't seem to have any great skills - not suprising since that was his first fight. Thank god the Joe Lauzon fight was so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Unless infact he is very strong and hits hard as fuck. Tommy Hearns boxed at 147 at 6 2 looked skinny as and those long limbs gave him excellent levers to produce ridiculous power. If your a sold 155 your a solid 155 wether your 6' 4'' or 5' 2'', i guess you just bring different attributes. My brother is 6' 3'' and 11 stone, never trains, is a veggie, lives a hippy lifestyle but does a lot of DIY and is strong as an ox, even though he doesn't look it.
    Trua about levers - I have a buddy who is 6'4" and 11 stone and when he can extend those long limbs he can really hit.

He does lose out up close though

If someone can get inside they could have a field day, also his legs look super skiny so a few meaty kicks to the legs could put him down.

Some graplers that are long limed can use this to an advantage on the floor as well. Joe whathisname was very good, smashed the hell out of the other dude. If that elbow had landed!

The sad thing is that he could easily go on to win TUF, I don't think he will, but he could. It is very hard to fight someone with a range if they just literally hit and move, hit and move, hit and move, it is hard to break them down, you need to take him down really... I think if he worked on his knees he could end a few fights pretty quickly...

However Emerson has no excuse for the poor display he put on... he made a big statment about how much he wanted this and he let himself down.
    "When you're not training; somebody else is training to kick your ass."
    Part of Team Savage. Trained by Alex 'The Boy' Owen:
    http://www.teamsavage.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Aplin View Post
    The sad thing is that he could easily go on to win TUF, I don't think he will, but he could. It is very hard to fight someone with a range if they just literally hit and move, hit and move, hit and move, it is hard to break them down, you need to take him down really... I think if he worked on his knees he could end a few fights pretty quickly...

However Emerson has no excuse for the poor display he put on... he made a big statment about how much he wanted this and he let himself down.
    Gotta be Joe Creepy Lauzon to win it, he's excellent!

Joe Creepy Lauzon would be my pick also, however Nathan Diaz is an awesome fighter who could probably nutralize Joes take downs and aggressive style. One of those two will take it though... I am 90% certain.
    "When you're not training; somebody else is training to kick your ass."
    Part of Team Savage. Trained by Alex 'The Boy' Owen:
    http://www.teamsavage.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Gotta be Joe Creepy Lauzon to win it, he's excellent!
    I second that, i think he is much better than all the guys that have fought so far.