Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brock Lesner in MMA

I reckon he will be able to take a punch.

I saw him fuck up a shooting star press once in a wrestlemania match, all his weight came ontop of him and he went face first into the ring. Propper fuck up.

He still managed to get up and finish the match, looked a bit fucked after mind.

I agree though that he will be well sluggish, GnP is his only chance I think as I cant see him being much of a striker.
    You Are Next !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mooron View Post
    I reckon he will be able to take a punch.

I saw him fuck up a shooting star press once in a wrestlemania match, all his weight came ontop of him and he went face first into the ring. Propper fuck up.

He still managed to get up and finish the match, looked a bit fucked after mind.

I agree though that he will be well sluggish, GnP is his only chance I think as I cant see him being much of a striker.
    Yea I thought he broke his neck with that bump. I think the whole arena did as well.
    The guys clearly a physical specimen, we'll have to see how he adapts to MMA from his wrestling/pro-wrestling/american football background though. He could be a force or just another Sapp type figure, it will be interesting thats for sure.

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

i watched an old video a while back of him wrestling before he became a "pro" wrestler.
    trust me this guy aint gonna be sluggish he is fast as fuck with his shoot/clinch work. his cardio and workrate on the wrestling circuit was second to none. if he has been working his striking and submission i think he will be a monster.
    im gonna stick my neck out and say he will be a title holder within 18 months.

just my opinion

regards shaky

Quote Originally Posted by shakus maximus View Post
    i watched an old video a while back of him wrestling before he became a "pro" wrestler.
    trust me this guy aint gonna be sluggish he is fast as fuck with his shoot/clinch work. his cardio and workrate on the wrestling circuit was second to none. if he has been working his striking and submission i think he will be a monster.
    im gonna stick my neck out and say he will be a title holder within 18 months.

just my opinion

regards shaky
    So you are with me then Shaky? I think this guy is going to be a revalation... actually, might note that in my sig!!

I watched Countdown to Dynamite USA last night first ep, had Brock on it, he looks good, explosive and really strong. His first opponent in his MMA debut could be a handfull for him I think.

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

with u all the way da muss
    lets put a few quid on it in the bookies

regards shaky

Troll hater.

Punches change everything, therefore imo a decent wrestler may outstrike lesnar and setup a takedown and score wiv it as brock goes to shit, cus of not wanting to be hit..Also because of this he could end up on his back and a man of that ''natural'' size may gas real fast..he will beat HMC tho as he's too tall not to be taken down, and korean wrestling is belted from wat ive heard

if anyone is wondering what a shooting star press is

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3qrC9R5LTSQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3qrC9R5LTSQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Lesnar is no doubt a huge powerful and agile man.He seems to have taken all this very seriously and sought out some of the best trainers in the world.So only time will tell if he can make it in the mma world.It's going to be interesting to watch...Someone will have to take him to the side and explain that he can't just go out there spend half an hour doing some promo only to have his match interupted by a run in and some dastardly cheating from his loud mouthed manager before the upcoming loser leaves town match....

seeing that shooting star press freaked me out, I remember seeing that when it happened and thought he was fucked.

But, in MMA I'm pretty confident he'll do well, and quite possibly better than just "well". If he's training with Miletich and the others, I can imagine they'll be beating on him pretty bad in the striking to get him used to it.