Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London No-Gi clubs?

Default London No-Gi clubs?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any no-gi submission wrestling clubs in London? I am new to and live in south west London, near Wimbledon.

I'm not looking for mma or mma style sub wrestling (like London shoot) or for any gi-based submission / jiu jitus clubs. I know some bjj clubs have a no-gi class but typically they expect you to wear a gi most of the time.

Medway submission looks perfect but is too far away in Kent. Is there a similar club in or around London for purely no-gi sub wrestling with regular classes?

Thanks

I would recommend Pancrase London (shameless plug I know) as they have grappling classes every night from 8pm www.pancraselondon.com

Yes, I know its known for MMA, but its now part and parcel of most clubs who provide no-gi classes.

You can train at 302 London Team in Hammersmith without a Gi.
    We have 2 classes per week No Gi,but if you want to train in the Gi classes
    without a Gi our students will take their Gi's off to spar with you at the end.
    We are very close to Wimbledon.

Simon@302

Default 302

Thank you for the responses guys.

Simon, what days and times are the no-gi classes? It sounds great i just don't want to cause offense to any intructors who would expect me to wear a gi.

Thanks

why the prejudice against the gi?
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Thai Boxing in Farnborough
    Full time academy!
    http://www.andyrobertsbjj.com

Ive been fortunate enough to experience both gi and no-gi and have a preference towards no-gi, I just enjoyed it more. Id say preference rather than prejudice, and would hope I am not being prejudiced.

a guy-

Sunday 5-7 is our No Gi class.

We are also about to make a weekday No Gi as well.

Probably wednesday.......but i'll let you know.

We are getting ready for a No Gi comp at the moment so we will also be taking the Gi off on other days as well.

You will not cause offense if you turn up for a Gi class without a Gi,
    Wilson,myself and Dickie are the instructors and we are all easy going about it.

Come and train!

Simon@302

The No-Gi tutition @ 302 Team London is wicked, there is always plenty of sparring & the techniques are well nasty, great if you want to improve your no-gi game!

Get along to Hammersmith m8, you wont go wrong there!
    www.carlsongracietonbridge.net

Why wouldnt you want to try london shoot out there classes are a supurb blend of technique fitness and sparring.

There is a wealth of knowledge there if i was still in london id live there.

Jaded Insider

I train in Milton Keynes at BTT and SSJ, but whenever I go to london I always try to get to Pancrase, they got some good guys there and Jess's instructional style is very clear, he's got his eyes on everyone and if your not doing it right, hes bang on it.