Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Great Weekend For Welsh MMA!

  1. #1

    Default Great Weekend For Welsh MMA!

    First off Grapple and Strike put on another excellent show. The first time that they used a cage too. Showcasing some of the best up and coming fighters at Ametaur and Semi pro levels. i was a bit gutted that it was all over so soon. but some exiting fights.

    Then tonight, house of pain put on a very fast paced action packed show full of good fights.

    To top it off Daniel "Denzil" Thomas drives up to scotland to fight for the Caged Kombat Light Weight title. wins it, and brings it to Wales!

    Congrats Welsh MMA.

    Next Sunday we have AFL at the Newport Center. Its going to be banging!

  2. #2
    wolfpack_mma
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MMAlien View Post
    First off Grapple and Strike put on another excellent show. The first time that they used a cage too. Showcasing some of the best up and coming fighters at Ametaur and Semi pro levels. i was a bit gutted that it was all over so soon. but some exiting fights.

    Then tonight, house of pain put on a very fast paced action packed show full of good fights.

    To top it off Daniel "Denzil" Thomas drives up to scotland to fight for the Caged Kombat Light Weight title. wins it, and brings it to Wales!

    Congrats Welsh MMA.

    Next Sunday we have AFL at the Newport Center. Its going to be banging!

    what can you tell me about THE AFL mate please?
    PM me if you can , im fighting on the 10th

  3. #3

    Default

    Next Sunday we have AFL at the Newport Center. Its going to be banging!
    I am fighting, currently training hard and just about on weight so should be ready to go Really excited about making my first cage appearence!
    "When you're not training; somebody else is training to kick your ass."
    Part of Team Savage. Trained by Alex 'The Boy' Owen:
    http://www.teamsavage.co.uk/

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aplin View Post
    I am fighting, currently training hard and just about on weight so should be ready to go Really excited about making my first cage appearence!
    good luck mate enjoy it

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack_mma View Post
    what can you tell me about THE AFL mate please?
    PM me if you can , im fighting on the 10th
    What did you want to know?

  6. #6

    Default

    Nice one Denzil!!

  7. #7

    Default

    hay mmaalien, glad you came along and enjoyed the show. we had a few last minute pull outs the week before the night, some of which were big match ups too. future stars such as jonny ho disclocated his elbow a couple of days earlier which left the exciting joe jones on the fence, i had a cracking match for joe duffy then lost it 2 days before, again lost another opponent for the flamboyant shakus maximus as well, and i also lost the very talanted and very exciting kevin cox as well due to work commitments, you can imagine how gutted we were, all these boys as you know are our future up & coming mma stars!!

    with only 11 fights on the night and the way we run the g&s thats why we finished early, to be honest i'm used to running shows with at least 16. next time i will try and drag it out a bit, don't like doing that though as i know fighters just want to get on with it.

    thanks buddy!!
    The General
    ‘Rehearsed routines lack the flexibility to adapt - Simple, Direct & Brutal’

    www.grappleandstrike.com
    www.falconsmartialarts.com
    www.taijutsukai.co.uk

  8. #8
    wolfpack_mma
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Femme-ma View Post
    What did you want to know?
    what the atmosphere is like?
    size of cage?
    entrance music?

    all things i should of asked mike really! but he's probably gettin fed up with me phoning him

  9. #9

    Default

    No problem heath, was another great show, even though plagued by pull outs.

    Can i ask you one request though, and im sure every red blooded MAN involved in MMA will agree with me on this one?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack_mma View Post
    what the atmosphere is like?
    size of cage?
    entrance music?

    all things i should of asked mike really! but he's probably gettin fed up with me phoning him
    The atmosphere is pretty good, the sound and lighting looks awesome which adds to the atmosphere, the fights take place in the Angrrr Management Cage which is the same Cage used for Cage Rage. They play entrance music of your choice and its loud. There are also ring girls who walk you hand in hand to the cage!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.