Thread: DVD Rip

Nick Orchard
    Pro Fighter

Question DVD Rip

I want to get a DVD onto my hard drive to enable me to edit it, it isn't encrypted, but cant figure out a way of doing it!

Help anyone please???????????

Cheers

Nick
    I fight. Not simply with my opponent. I fight with the demons of doubt. With my exhaustion, with my past failures, with my injuries, with my anonymity, with the unrelenting voice that tells me to stop. But I am a fighter. And one thing is sure. I will be victorious.

There should be a tab somewhere if you open it with windows media player that says 'rip dvd' the location of the tab depends on which version of media player you use though.
    www.knightmayor.co.uk

dvd decrypter. even if it isn't encrypted

Smile

Hi Nick Download DVD shrink 3.2 its free and rips most DVDs encypted or not
    http://downloads.vnunet.com/download/1250.html
    you can rip entire disc or just main movie.

dvd shrinks the one i use mate noprobs

Nick Orchard
    Pro Fighter

I'm not sure if i've done this right, i've used DVD encryptor, now i have lots of VOB files. what do i do with these or what have i done wrong?
    I fight. Not simply with my opponent. I fight with the demons of doubt. With my exhaustion, with my past failures, with my injuries, with my anonymity, with the unrelenting voice that tells me to stop. But I am a fighter. And one thing is sure. I will be victorious.

Vob files are the format that DVDs use for the movie files, to play them you just need the DVD codecs on your computer and windows movie player should play them. but normaly there the seperate chapters. this is why its best to backup just the main movie file as described for DVD shrink, then you have just the one file.(if you can play DVDs normally the codecs should already be on your computer).

Engine

Can anyone suggest anything good (and free ) for editing video (so you can make a highlight reel) and converting to MPEG?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstech83 View Post
    Vob files are the format that DVDs use for the movie files, to play them you just need the DVD codecs on your computer and windows movie player should play them. but normaly there the seperate chapters. this is why its best to backup just the main movie file as described for DVD shrink, then you have just the one file.(if you can play DVDs normally the codecs should already be on your computer).
    dvd decryptor does this you just have to change the settings.

follow the first half of this pages instructions to save it as one file:

http://ipodlegends.com/how-to-conver...-mp4-for-free/