Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Benoit and family pass away...

Goldberg is doing very well
    has done a few movies, hosted a few tv shows and is currently commentating for a few mma promotions including WFA and K1

only seen him do his commentary, still i don't think i would really refer to him as a massive success story. certainly not on the same level as the rock or hogan personally.

even if you include him, and jesse, the number of wrestlers that manage to get out unscathed and really make something of themselves is really few and far between.
    Strategy can subsitute for talent, but talent will never subsitute for strategy.

"Sometimes hype just isn't enough" Jens Pulver

I think you could argue that reaching the pinacle of the wrestling world could be regarded as 'making something of themselves'

that is their goal, not thinking about something after it. wrestling is a job, and their objective is usually to be successful in that profession. you seem to be implying that there should be something after wrestling that they should aim for, which in 90% of the cases i dont htink is correct. yes some wrestlers transition into the movies......but many dont want too.

they live the high life for as long as they can, and then often have to come back down to earth and do everyday jobs

Thought it was a lie at first, but RIP Chris Benoit, whatever happend i dont know, but if its true his wife killed there son, i hope she is on the lower floors of hell.

At the end of the day its dosent matter if he was a wrestler or not this is a very sad thing to happen i just hope they are all at peace now.

RIP
    MMA = Sport of the future

shocking

Chris Benoit was one of the greatest sport entertainers/pro wrestlers of all time. Not just for his stuff in the WWE, but also his performances in ECW, WCW and Japan.

Just another tragic pro-wrestling death as another member of the golden age passes on
    Last edited by iandean; 26-06-2007 at 07:32 PM.

Default re

Seems benoit turned "rabbid" on his family.

Rich

My jaw dropped when I found out this morning in work - then I learnt the horrible circumstances surrounding the tragedy of Benoit's reported suicide. Unbelievable.

A dark, depressing day in the history of pro wrestling.
    For 5% off your MyProtein order use discount code MP12275

RIP

I used to love watching CB in action. IMO he is one of the best wrestling enterainers of all time.

Excellent to watch.

Sad ending tho. Hope all goes well for the rest of the family.
    YOU CANT EXPECT TO REACH THE TOP WITHOUT A LITTLE CLIMBING!

Such a waste of life, hope the truth comes out though of what really happened.

I dont know if any of you saw it but before the CW forum crashed before i made a thread that listed all the deaths/casualties of WWF/WWE legends, it was pretty shocking, most were drug related though.