Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC Preview: Sherk/Franca

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default UFC Preview: Sherk/Franca

UFC 73: Stacked features one of the biggest title fights in the history of the UFC Lightweight division, as crafty jiu-jitsu and KO artist, Hermes Franca, steps up to challenge powerful wrestler and all around tough-guy, Sean Sherk, for the UFC gold. As two of the most talented and explosive fighters in the division, this match up has the makings of a classic.
    http://www.ironlife.com/forum/showth...02#post1338402
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Not too excited for this match-up at all. I have neither guy rated top 5 at 155 so I find it hard to get behind a title match with two guys that are just top 10, no higher.

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    Not too excited for this match-up at all. I have neither guy rated top 5 at 155 so I find it hard to get behind a title match with two guys that are just top 10, no higher.

i think thats a bit harsh on sherk.....in reality not a lot of guys beat him imo

i know what you mean though, im not excited either

I expect it to be a really good fight.

Hope Franca wins, but I think Sherk is being underated by almost everyone at the moment.

Who beats Sherk at 155? BJ is capable. Gomi would have a punchers chance, but odds are he would get taken down and pounded for 5 rounds
    How do you turn a phrase?

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Ttt.............
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Patience young Padawan, I suspect with the influx of top fighters formerly of the Pride Roster you'll see some top ranked challengers for Sherk sooner rather than later.....assuming of course he turns aside Franca's challenge.
    Quocunque Jeceris Stabit.

Harsh! sherk must be top 5 easy

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

I'm pretty excited for this fight, I think Sherk's great and it'll be good to see how he does against guys his own size.

about the article, it's pretty good but I was a bit confused about this

After spending much of his career at welterweight, Sherk revealed that he has made several ‘practise cuts’ in anticipation of this encounter, dropping to around the lightweight limit 24 hours before training to simulate cutting weight for fight day; ‘I’m only walking around at about 170lbs, I’ve only got a 15lb cut which isn’t going to be too bad.’
    I'd understand that if it was his first fight at 155, but it's not.

DROC
    "You've got a lot of opinions for someone who's not on there!"
    Michael Bisping
    "Showed a lot of grit" - Ian Butlin

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

Quote Originally Posted by droc View Post
    I'd understand that if it was his first fight at 155, but it's not.

DROC
    Maybe it would be different if there wasn't a title to be defended??
    Quocunque Jeceris Stabit.