Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Muay Thai in the North West.

Default Muay Thai in the North West.

Hello,

A mate of mine is looking for somewhere for his step son to train in Muay Thai with a Thai instructor (mainly because of any language problems as he is new to the UK). He knows there is a place in Manchester, but as he lives near Liverpool he would prefer to have something easier to get to and from.

Any advice would be really appreciated and passed on right away.

Thanks.

Shor Chana in Preston

Owned and Run by Master Chana who hails from the North East of Thailand and was former trainer of Muay Thai Legend Orono Por Muang Ubon, when he lived in Thailand.

Also trained UK champs, Fash Ferdosian, Johnny Roye, and Mathew Johnstone

Its a relaxed place run very much as Thai gyms are run in Thailand. Good mix of fighters and keep fit people.

The Address is Shor Chana School of Thai Boxing, Manchester Road, Preston, dont have the number to hand but you can google it. Its behind the large Cieciley Mercedes Garage in Preston.

Hope this helps.

That is perfect mate. Preston is probably as easy for him to get to as Liverpool. Thanks a lot for the quick responce. I'll let him know now.

Im sorry if im being simple, You mean a thai trainer,from thailand? (Im a bit slow sometimes!) If this is the case apart from Master Sken in Stockport. I know of a Thai run gym in leyland and I think he's got a club in Preston aswell. Im sorry I forgot his name and cant find any info on the net but il ask aorund and ge his name for you, not that leyland and peston are any nearer than stockport/manchester. Iv seen the guy with his fighters at various shows. Im in liverpool and I know of no Thai trainers anywhere near here? Il get back to you if I can get the gym name for you.

cancel that sorry didnt realise id been beaten to it!!

Engine

Kaoban is in Loverpool. (A Next Generation guy might be able to get better information for you as they shared a gym).

They have had some top uk Fighters.

Also Pele's Beastmasters in Manchester, home to Frankie Hudders and a host of other top fighters

Quote Originally Posted by Fightshop.Com View Post
    Shor Chana in Preston

Owned and Run by Master Chana who hails from the North East of Thailand and was former trainer of Muay Thai Legend Orono Por Muang Ubon, when he lived in Thailand.

Also trained UK champs, Fash Ferdosian, Johnny Roye, and Mathew Johnstone

Its a relaxed place run very much as Thai gyms are run in Thailand. Good mix of fighters and keep fit people.

The Address is Shor Chana School of Thai Boxing, Manchester Road, Preston, dont have the number to hand but you can google it. Its behind the large Cieciley Mercedes Garage in Preston.

Hope this helps.
    this guy is really good, good work ethic very helpful to beginners an a nice guy

anyone know anymore about the club in leyland?

i might be wrong but i thought the club in leyland was under the same thai bloke that runs the preston one?

Thanks for the replies lads. I think he is going to contact the place in Preston today or tomorrow, but if anyone has a number for a Thai instructor in Liverpool that would be even better.

I don't think he has done any Muay Thai before (which surprised me. I thought Thai kids HAD to train and Muay Thai was to them what a Playstation is to our kids). He wants to find an instructor from Thailand, so despite there being plenty of excellent gyms and coaches around here, I think they want to ease him into life in Britain by keeping him in contact with some Thai people.

Seems a good way to do it to me.

Thanks again everyone.