Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tito v Rashad fight report in Daily Star

Default Tito v Rashad fight report in Daily Star

Cool full-page spred with wicked picture. MMA in national newspaper - awesome!

Tomatohead

its the star tho!! but its still a step in the right direction

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

Funny stuff the star, after UFC 70 they slated the sport, then they made a 180 turn and claimed to be the only rag not sensationalising the sport, now they're covering it... Wonder what's nest
    "You've got a lot of opinions for someone who's not on there!"
    Michael Bisping
    "Showed a lot of grit" - Ian Butlin

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

Jeez... two people reply and both want to bash it and naysay.

FFS! This is a NATIONAL NEWSPAPER with a readership of over a MILLION people and they are covering MMA (well, UFC) as sport in the actual sports pages. The stuff is well written - unlike nearly all the mags and websites - has cool pictures and often has stuff in it and sometimes has exclusive stuff we didn't hear elsewhere!

Plus they take the time to explain what the moves and holds actually are to try and make the sport more accessable to newbies.

Maybe you guys don't want that and would rather MMA remained a dirty backwaters sport which only get covered on the likes of sherdogshit.com... Well I don't! I want to see UFC in front of 60,000 fans in Wembley with ITV covering it instead of some boxing crap.

But I guess I'm weird like that!

Tomatohead

I'll be happy when its in the sports pages of a good paper somethin like the independent not one the red top rags

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Batman View Post
    Jeez... two people reply and both want to bash it and naysay.

FFS! This is a NATIONAL NEWSPAPER with a readership of over a MILLION people and they are covering MMA (well, UFC) as sport in the actual sports pages. The stuff is well written - unlike nearly all the mags and websites - has cool pictures and often has stuff in it and sometimes has exclusive stuff we didn't hear elsewhere!

Plus they take the time to explain what the moves and holds actually are to try and make the sport more accessable to newbies.

Maybe you guys don't want that and would rather MMA remained a dirty backwaters sport which only get covered on the likes of sherdogshit.com... Well I don't! I want to see UFC in front of 60,000 fans in Wembley with ITV covering it instead of some boxing crap.

But I guess I'm weird like that!
    It is good for the sport...we all know that really. Any good coverage is great and i'm sure deep down everyone is grateful. It's just people just like to spout their opinion on the forum

Any chance of covering some of the up and coming UK guys too? Stars of the future and all that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatohead View Post
    I'll be happy when its in the sports pages of a good paper somethin like the independent not one the red top rags
    dito to tomato nuts
    Each new hour holds a new beginning, a new horizon; offering us space to place new steps to change

Steve Bunce from the Indy covered UFC 70 but he was in Vegas for Ricky Hatton for 72. Let's hope he's at 75!

But the red tops - love em or hate em - are where the big readerships are. There are more people interested in Big Brother (shudder) than Gorden Brown...

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

Who's bashing it, I was just pointing out facts.

DROC
    "You've got a lot of opinions for someone who's not on there!"
    Michael Bisping
    "Showed a lot of grit" - Ian Butlin

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

it's a good article that can only do good for the sport..........also this weeks Nuts magazine have an interview with Rampage.........not that I read that shite of course, mate told me