Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cage Rage

Default Cage Rage

Wow, some top fights, big hats off to Ross The Boss Mason, fuck me, his fight with Marios was the fight of the year so far. It really should have been co main event, this was an awesome awesome display of Athleticisim (can't spell that) Marios is also one very tasty guy. Who is next in line?????????????????????????????????????

Great fight from Ronnie Mann with Robbie, maybe next time Ronnie
    Gary Turner did great to weather the storm from Drago and battle it out picking him off.
    Great job by Mc Sweeney, nice debut fight with an early stoppage.
    Herb Dean and Legeno was a joke for me. Great fight for Tengiz and a good win, very difficult opponent in Butterbean.
    Un lucky to James Thompson, hope to see him soon smashing heads..... Well done to Neil Grove all the same.
    Great job to Tom Watson, how ever we missed your fight due to traffic, heard good things though. Lee Hasdell was un lucky, I would like to have seen that last longer.
    Good show, nice to see the regulars and sexy ladies as ever, thank you to Paul and Simon James for taking me

Marios looked great - that flying knee was sick! Michael Johnston also looked great - total domination.

Great undercard but except Drago/Turner & Sperry/Hasdell none of those other fights IMO had any business being shown on Sky. Butterbean as the main event is a joke, makes the sport look crap. I mean surely people don't buy a ticket if Butterbean's fighting? Legeno/Dean as the penultimate fight is an outcry too. Marios/Mason was always going to be fight of the night even DoD or Andy Geer predicted that so why didn't they show it on Sky?

Sort out the order of fights Cage Rage!

Yea, Marios Zaromsky is tops! Well done to robbie and smiler on their wins! Good night overall!

Default cage rage

wow were did Neil Grove come from like a train ran over James Thompsons head .James Thompson is a pride super star but when i see him in cage rage he always comes off in a bad way..figth of the nigth Marios Zaromskis vs Ross Mason what a great figth with a 14 min ko from Marios Zaromskis .this was the figth of the nigth for sure .i havnt seen Paul Chahoon for awhile but i backed this fella and what a figth again .bigest joke of the nite Herb Dean .i think this dude just wanted a free hoilday to london .well done to James McSweeny as well and the rest of the figthers.would of liked to see lee hasdell be able to let off some shots on Mario Sperry but marios ju jitsu was to much for lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sham View Post
    Marios looked great - that flying knee was sick! Michael Johnston also looked great - total domination.

Great undercard but except Drago/Turner & Sperry/Hasdell none of those other fights IMO had any business being shown on Sky. Butterbean as the main event is a joke, makes the sport look crap. I mean surely people don't buy a ticket if Butterbean's fighting? Legeno/Dean as the penultimate fight is an outcry too. Marios/Mason was always going to be fight of the night even DoD or Andy Geer predicted that so why didn't they show it on Sky?

Sort out the order of fights Cage Rage!
    I reckon Butterbean would be a crowd puller tbh. I am dubious about the turner/drago fight, drago easily won the 1st round and looked comfortable until he came out for the 2nd round, he looked sluggish and uninterested a total turnaround from the 1st round. He didn't do much in the 2nd round, threw a couple of good shots. Both fighters were cut almost in the same place on opposite eyes, yet Drago was pulled?? the whole thing seemed weird to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest i thought tonights event was a massive let down. Cage Rage had the whole of the MMA world watching on pro elite and sky sports and did not deliver.
    On a lighter note Marius Zaromskis put on a great performance and is one to watch. I think a showdown between him and Paul Daley is in order and would result in fireworks.
    Michael Johnson impressed me doing a number on a very durable opponent in Riccio. Michael Johnson Vs Ross Pointon could be one to think about for the near future as Ross looked a much improved fighter in submitting Dean Bray.
    Herb Dean should stick to reffing.
    Tengiz should be fighting higher level opponents than butterbean. I hope Cage Rage can draft someone in who will test Tengiz and show to the world a better account of what he can do. Maybe a rematch with Edson Drago as i honestly belive Edson got lucky in their first fight.
    James Thompsons carear is a hard one to follow. I really hope he can bounce back after this loss.
    There was only one way the Sperry Hasdel fight was going to end.
    Props to McSweeney, Cahoon and Turner for their wins.
    Unlucky Ronnie Mann, but he showed the world that he is one to watch and at his age he has a long carear ahead of him.

Oh yeah anyone know anything about this 'incident' which prompted them to cancel Joe Mac vs Bailey?? I dont know what happened but it couldnt have been that bad as they were both walking round the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Oh yeah anyone know anything about this 'incident' which prompted them to cancel Joe Mac vs Bailey?? I dont know what happened but it couldnt have been that bad as they were both walking round the arena.
    TTT for this.
    I'm going to live forever. Or die trying.

Gary 'Smiler' Turner
    Pro Fighter

Hi!

Mac's cut required about 7 internal and about 7 external stitches following being attacked while walking his dogs yesterday morning. He was slashed with a knife accross the face. He was there and walking around, but would any doctor clear you to fight with a cut like that less than 12hours old? I don't think so. He was not allowed to fight due to the injury. He was gutted for it happening, nothing he could do, he was attacked not the other way round. Really is a nice fella too.

Me v Drago

Wow! That was hard work! As you know from his results, Drago can strike, and thats what he went for. I'll do a full report when I have a bit more time, but basically the idea was to keep away from his stand up straight right and his left jab/long hook, and I think we did that pretty well. I was to work laterally, using movement, and pick off his lead leg. Especially in round 2 we got that working.

Not that nice under his ground and pound, but I was managing to block or negate most of his strikes (first time I've been under a ground and pound, lol!), but that elbow really, really hurt me to say the least! But got through it, and continued to work the shots that counted. I can lock off pretty well, and was making Drago work hard on the ground, hence why I think he looked a little tired in the second. Its also tiring when you throw all you have at a dopy Brit who just keeps coming.

I nearly stopped it with a choke in the second, but there was alot of pressure from him driving forward and it wouldn't apply without me losing control. My posture was all wrong. So I slipped my arm in for a strangle, changing the angle. That allowed him to move slightly, so instead I progressed the neck crank. It really was on, and I don't know how he didn't tap from it, I knew he was receiving injuries from holding off. I didn't have a secure posture and thats why it was broken up.

The cuts were both bad, in the wrong place for a referee's stoppage, so we were both worried about getting it opened up again. I have to give a big thanks to Paul Marchant, he's a good cuts man.

Round 2 was much better for me, I was hurting Drago and slowing him down with the leg kicks, and slipping his hooks not too bad, although still getting hit from time to time myself. I was starting to get our strategy to work, and the advantage was turning to me, which we were happy with.

Then he didn't come out for the third.

The reason being was injuries received to his neck and shoulders from holding off the neck crank, which shows how tough he was at not tapping out to it. He rather had the injury than lose on submission. Props to him for that.

Post fight my cheek was in real agony, the doc looked at it a couple of times, and I've just got back from a trip to A&E this morning. My good friends at my local hospital advice me that the fluid is pooling elsewhere from the injury, the trauma is healing very quickly, Paul Marchant did a really good job in gluing the cut, and the xrays reveal no fluid from the injury to the cheekbone and the bone structures in my head are all ok. Mind you, they didn't find my brain again. So I'm all ok and ready for training again, lol! Not a single ache anywhere else on my body either, just my face. But I was ugly before, so it doesn't matter.

Thanks go to my fantastic team, Andre Daltrey and Steve Fox who are my tireless coaches and corner team, my physio in Roland van der Borgh who flies over from Holland for each of my fights, and my manager Jeroen Winters who always looks after me. Further, to Dave O'Donnel and Andy G(r)eer, for putting on a great show, really looking after the fighters, and doing their utmost to further the sport. There's so much that these guys do for our sport than some of you will ever realise. And thanks as well for the kids who asked if they could walk out with me - it was my pleasure to have your support - you can walk with me any time!!!!

As for the other fights, I need to see some footage lol!! But my mate Tom Watson, who pops up my class from time to time for a bit of variety, did real well in his fight. We all know he could have finished it, but he showed maturity, knew he was winning comfortably, his game plan was working, and therefore didn't do anything silly and risk making a mistake. And he was only 25 on Friday - the damn nipper! One to watch I think.

Also in our changing room well done to Ross Pointon, a real nice guy, and a pleasure to have in the room. Best regards and well done mate!

Well done to James McSweeney - shows that you don't need to grapple when you can strike like that lol!

Unlucky JT, listen to Charlie, you'll be back where you belong soon enough.

Well done to all fighters - trust me, it takes guts to get in that cage!

Later dudes!

Smiler

Default Top Night

A Good read Smiler,

Cage rage put up a very good show, that Marios is a real dangerous fighter, him v Daley would be a great fight.

I really enjoyed the show, there was a big crowd that came up with us who loved it, for some it was their first time at cage rage.

Roll on September, a great month for mma in London what with Cage Rage and the UFC.

I enjoyed the Tengiz fight, A man with his great wrestling skill going toe to toe with butterbean, Crazy, but then again he was after his suplex and a nice bonus for his efforts (and probably back physio)
    SATURDAY 8th October 2011= UWC 17= another night of MMA action in Southend On Sea.