Thread: Thai Boxing in Swansea

Default Thai Boxing in Swansea

My mate is trying to find out where they train Thai Boxing in Swansea. I know they train at the WPT Academy in fforestfach but there's no contact address. Does anyone from the graciebarra bjj club know what time they train? Cheers for any help.

The Club is based at the WPT Academy, Ystrad Road, Fforestfach Industrial Estate, Swansea.

FROM M4

- Leave the motorway at Junction 47 and take the second exit off the roundabout towards Swansea/Fforestfach (A483),
    - At the next roundabout take the first exit (A483),
    - Stay in the right hand lane, turn right at the next junction by Tesco onto Ffordd Cynore (B4620),
    - Continue straight on through two sets of traffic lights onto Ystrad Road,
    - Continue straight on to the end of the road (the Greyhound track should be on your right) and turn left,
    - Take the second left into the car park.

FROM SWANSEA

- Head along the A483 towards Fforestfach/Carmarthen,
    - At the cross-roads (Spar and Blockbuster video are on your right, the Marquis Arms pub is on the corner on the left) continue straight on,
    - You will see a large golf shop (American Golf Club) on your left. Turn left just past here, before the Texaco garage (onto Kingsway),
    - Continue along this road (multimap says you need to turn, but they�ve changed the road markings so you don�t) onto Bruce Road,
    - Continue straight on (where the road turns to the right and drops down hill) and the club should be on your right.

Cheers for that , but there's no contact details for the thai boxing club about what time they train etc. Might tell him to just turn up and have a look. Cheers anyway

Ill pop over there on sunday, grab a flyer with the times, pu tthe times on here!

WPT website, with location, times and contact details....

http://www.thaiboxingwales.co.uk/index.html

Much appreciated Rachel..

You're welcome. I found it by accident when I was looking for the eagles website a while back.

Default Class Times for WPT, Fforestfach, Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by tritaffy View Post
    My mate is trying to find out where they train Thai Boxing in Swansea. I know they train at the WPT Academy in fforestfach but there's no contact address. Does anyone from the graciebarra bjj club know what time they train? Cheers for any help.
    Hi,Paul Wheel runs the classes
    Mon and Wed 8pm adults, or 6pm for Kids
    Fri 7pm adults or 5pm for Kids
    Tue and Thu 6pm adults
    Thur Lunchtime 1pm adults
    Cost around 3.00 or 3.50 a class or Monthly, 35.00 I think.

The Thursday lunchitme is pretty quiet, 10 ish people. Paul runs on a Train Hard, Fight Easy policy, a Hard warm up, 30 mins, pretty full on and then 20mins of Muay Thai practice, then 10mins of cool down, stretching etc. If youre not already fit after around 6 classes you will be well on youre way. Paul also has Master Pimu come over from Thailand every few months or so, they come along with some of the Thai Champions, very impressive to watch. Paul himself is a 2 x World Champion.

Its pretty much turn up, pay and play!

If youre into Ju-jitsu or MMA Cage Fighting they also run Brazilian Ju-Jitsu classes next door in affiliation with WPT. And yes, Paul runs some MMA Fights, I think in conjunmction with Sky and Cage Rage, so you do get a number of the MMA Cage Fighters training down there as well.

Just need to clear a few things up...

The Chris Rees Academy runs the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu... this is not affiliated to WPT Gym at all! Chris is affiliated to Gracie Barra for the BJJ and Trojans Free Fighters for MMA.

As far as I know, only Chris Rees (instructor at GB Swansea) and Chad (not sure of his surname) were involved in running the Cage Rage Contenders show.
    Last edited by Rob T; 04-08-2008 at 10:56 PM.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/