Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Urban Gorillaz Southern Open BJJ Tournament - 30th Sept

Jude Samuel
    BJJ BlackBelt

No in the schedule, but itt could happen. Its all depending on the coaches and academies. With the Gracie Invitational only 4 academies entered teams. Some had to make up the numbers from other teams. Its all down to pre planning and if an academy wants to put forward a team they have to make sure that they have the numbers in place.

I shall pester the lightweight blue belts right now!

Quote Originally Posted by bjjeu View Post
    No in the schedule, but itt could happen. Its all depending on the coaches and academies. With the Gracie Invitational only 4 academies entered teams. Some had to make up the numbers from other teams. Its all down to pre planning and if an academy wants to put forward a team they have to make sure that they have the numbers in place.

Our club (Pedro Bessa BJJ) entered the team event and had to have 2 people from a different academy in our team! Definitely a good idea hopefully more people will be up for it at future events!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    Our club (Pedro Bessa BJJ) entered the team event and had to have 2 people from a different academy in our team! Definitely a good idea hopefully more people will be up for it at future events!
    The team events are awesome - a great way to compete! even if it doesnt work out for the southern open, Im gonna hassle every lightweight bluebelt at Carlsons for next years seni - its a great competitive idea!

Jude Samuel
    BJJ BlackBelt

I will see if it can be done closer to the date as I will have to find out if logistically we can do it (time at the venue, medals etc).

We are happy there is more interest and if more academies can get it together we would put on a team only event.

Quote Originally Posted by bjjeu View Post

We are happy there is more interest and if more academies can get it together we would put on a team only event.
    yes yes yes !!!

Jude Samuel
    BJJ BlackBelt

Drop me a mail about it then and we shall put on a team battle!!

i paid online what do i need to bring to prove that ive paid?

Jude Samuel
    BJJ BlackBelt

Nothing!! You name will be at the venue on the day and that it!! Train hard and get ready!!! Go to bjj.eu.com closer to the time for the event schedule!!

Venue:
    Rivermead Leisure Complex
    Richfield Avenue, Reading,
    Berkshire RG1 8EQ

Date: Sunday 30th September 2007

Event Schedule
    Competition starts at 10am

Register Online Now

No regsitration on the day!!

Be sure that all the information on your enrollemt form is correct, otherwise e-mail us.

Athletes must bring their waiver form and hand it over before your first fight.

Please Note: The fee for early registration, i.e., received by 12 pm Thursday September 27th, is 30.00.

The fee for late registration (received after 12pm September 27th 28th 11:59 PM) will be 40.00.

Register Online Now

ABSOLUTELY NO REGISTRATION WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER FRIDAY 28th SEPTEMBER 5 pm!
    Also, note that registration fee(s) are non-refundable.

We advise everyone to register and pay online to avoid any problems with the post. However if you decide to register by post....click here to download the form.

Register Online Now

THIS IS AN OPEN EVENT. ALL ATHLETES OF ANY CITIZENSHIP ARE WELCOME TO COMPETE. PRIOR QUALIFICATION IS NOT REQUIRED.

The athletes must be at the warm up area, according to their fighting schedulle.
    The athlete only can enter in the fighing area when is called by the official.
    In case of victory the athlete must return to the warm up area, and remain there till the next fight.
    No coaching is alowed in the fighting area.
    The athlete will check his/her weight with the Gi. There is only one opportunity to check the weight. If the competitor does not make his/her weight,they will be immediately disqualified. Please make sure that you are in the correct weight division. You can not change divisions ,if you do not make your designated division. No changes will be accepted in the tournament day.