Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MMA Vids on XBOX360

Default MMA Vids on XBOX360

Hi,

I've downloaded all sorts of MMA vids from a website that doesnt exist, there in all sorts of codecs, but I cant get them to play on my XBOX360.

If i leave it as an Xvid/DIVX it wont recognise it, and when I convert to .MP4 using something like AVS VIDEO CONVERTOR it doesnt even appear in my "Videos" folder in Windows Media Centre folder

Can anyone tell me an idiot proof way of converting movies into a file type the xbox recognises?

Cheers

My 360 plays avi files just fine.
    The artist formally known as OilinDaDrum

I use media centre to stream videos from main PC to xbox and convert any vids that dont play into .WMV files using something like "super" which does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstech83 View Post
    I use media centre to stream videos from main PC to xbox and convert any vids that dont play into .WMV files using something like "super" which does the trick.
    Hi, thats what im attempting to do, do you have a link to "Super"?

Im convinced its somethin codec based that is stopping me. If I downloaded a normal video from youtube or summat it would be fine

Videora x-box 360 Video Convertor by Red Kawa

Pretty much a 'one-click' soloution and completely free
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

And if the above doesn't work, several people I know praise TVersity.

If it plays on your computer, you'll be able to play it on your 360/ps3 as it uses all the same codecs and things.

If you try to download from erightsofts site its a right pain in the arse, very confusing site so heres an easier link.http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...ders/super.cfm

This prog is very versitile but not that user friendly once you know which options work best for you its fine
    i mainly use it for N95 MP4 conversions as some dont seem to encode properly but this worked a treat.

may give Videora a go though thanks for heads up.
    Last edited by Rosstech83; 04-08-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Burn the .avi files to a DVD-R.

Put in the Xbox.

go to the videos section, make sure video source is set to DVD.

Click the file you want. Make sure you're connected to xbox live the first time you try this. An Xvid/DivX codec will download and your file will start playing.

Sorted.

download nero 7 you can turn avi into dvd using that. works on 360

Burning files to DVD-r no longer works as they have changed the drives so they no longer read copied discs. if you have an early gen then will work just hope you dont get rings of death and they repair it as they change the drive as well.