Thread: Rise of the Foot Soldier

Default Rise of the Foot Soldier

Just been to the flicks to watch this, great flick, alot better than what the papers are saying and pretty gorey in places to.
    Rock Hard, Rock Heavy, Rock Animal!

www.myspace.com/zombie1zombie
    www.bushido-mma.co.uk

I could of been an extra on this film but it was to far to travel. Looks a great film though.

Yeah its a good film,But the bloke who wears the wig playing Tony Tucker looks fucking stupid, worse wig ever in a film hahaha

Although seen pics of the real Tony and he as got a 7/10 mullet.

www.bushido-mma.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CraigA View Post
    Yeah its a good film,But the bloke who wears the wig playing Tony Tucker looks fucking stupid, worse wig ever in a film hahaha

Although seen pics of the real Tony and he as got a 7/10 mullet.
    The wig guy.. was it the actor Terry Stone? spoke to him i few times, ripped him to bits about that wig!

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    The wig guy.. was it the actor Terry Stone? spoke to him i few times, ripped him to bits about that wig!
    Yeah i think thats the guy,The wig wasnt even close to being like the blokes hair.I thought by the time it got to 1995 in the film they might have let him have a skin head or something different.

www.bushido-mma.co.uk

Pardon my ignorance, but is this film based around the Essex boys as in Tony Tucker, Carlton Leach et al?

I've not read or seen much about it so not really clued up but would be interested to see it if it is. Ive read a few of Bernhard O'Mahoney's books including Essex Boys and Do You Wanna Be I my Gang? and Leach's Muscle, which was a bit wank TBH. Essex Boys the film wasnt too clever, but I am fascinated by the whole story and others like it. Is the film related in anyway and is any of it a bit closer to home than the last film?

Cheers

Stapes

Quote Originally Posted by stapesmk1 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but is this film based around the Essex boys as in Tony Tucker, Carlton Leach et al?

I've not read or seen much about it so not really clued up but would be interested to see it if it is. Ive read a few of Bernhard O'Mahoney's books including Essex Boys and Do You Wanna Be I my Gang? and Leach's Muscle, which was a bit wank TBH. Essex Boys the film wasnt too clever, but I am fascinated by the whole story and others like it. Is the film related in anyway and is any of it a bit closer to home than the last film?

Cheers

Stapes
    The start and the end are to do with the murder in the land rover from 1995, but the film is based on Carlton Leach's life, very good film.Ive not seen Essex Boys so dont know what thats like,this gives 3 different ideas of what happened but doesnt realy come to any conclusions on what actually happened.

www.bushido-mma.co.uk

Dave Lee

Smile Carlton Leach

Dont know if the film is any good or not but will enentually try to see it.
    I used to know Carlton Leach in the pre ICF days before he got too involved with football violence.
    I used to go to college with him and he was a top bloke.
    We used to hang out in the Stratford East London area in pubs like the Swan and the Britania. He was a very funny man in those days, always craking jokes and having a laugh.

I have the un enviable honour of being one of the few men ever to have put Carlton on the floor in agony...
    Years ago, Carlton and a group of mates were helping me home by pushing my car along the road because I ran out of petrol.
    I mischievioulsy touched the break pedal when they came up to push me and they all crumpled on the floor at the back of the car holding their knees in agony. oops!

saxrom

Default just seen it

I have just seen the film much better than essex boys more realistic at least the bloody range rover doors didnt get blown off ha ha.
    No much better film would def watch again as it all happend in my area

Quote Originally Posted by stapesmk1 View Post

Cheers

Stapes
    Its based around 3 decades of Carlton Leach's life. His days as a football hooligan, bouncer and rising in ranks amongst criminals. Two of the main stories which are focused on are their clash with the Turkish Mafia and the murder of the 3 men in the essex boys murder. It goes through a few scenarios of how the murder went down and what word was around that time but concludes the only ones who really know what happened are the three that got murdered.

I found the movie fantastic and acting was great, great british movie indeed and highly recommend watching this.

below is a link to watch this movie online, its a cam copy but deffo watchable.

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/4/8728