Thread: defense soap

Hybrid View

Default defense soap

does anybody know where i can get defense soap, or some sort of anti-fungul soap, i train BJJ 6 days a week, and recently i got ringworm all over the back of my neck, my arm, on my ear. I always ALWAYS shower after practise using Dettol Anti-Bacterial soap, wash my gi after practise, sometimes showering 3 times a day, but since it is a fungul infection, i was told anti-bacterial soap is no use in this situation.

Cheers guys

Default try hand wash

try handwash honestly it works
    betray me once your fault,betray me twice my fault

Unfortunately you have to order it in from the US - www.defensesoap.com . We put it in the dispensers in our academies showers & it works really well (normal soap doesn't stop ringworm). But we're looking round for cheaper alternatives with the same active ingredients.

It's the shipping that's the killer :-(.

Gary

www.graciejiujitsu.co.za

natural balance mint and tea tree does the trick well

Dettol make a soap which i use and that does the trick.

Some reviews on this site

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Dettol_Bar_Soap__5212022

for Fungus

tea tree soaps are great
    Last edited by r-v; 02-10-2007 at 04:53 PM.
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

sounds to me like you wash too much. if you're always disinfecting you're not going to build up any natural defence or immunity to the bacteria

Wright's soap is supposed to be pretty good. And it makes you smell like a miner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hywel Teague View Post
    sounds to me like you wash too much. if you're always disinfecting you're not going to build up any natural defence or immunity to the bacteria
    yeah, i think you are right. I caught ringworm after 3 months training 6 days a week BJJ. I then religously was using Dettol Anti-Bacterial soap every night after training. I would lather the soap in and let it dry in for 5 minutes then wash off. This method was giving me good results, until i got a nasty bout of ringworm all over the back of my neck, ear and face.

This is what i use now guys, this tree tea oil soap i found, i did research on this tree-tea oil and i found it has great anti-fungul properties and great for treatment of athletes foot etc.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...7D8A72189079B8

now i only use tree-tea oil maybe 4 days a week after training and other days i use Johnstones baby mousterisering soap.