Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: defense soap

Quote Originally Posted by Rosi View Post
    Washing is over-rated. Seriously. The oily film on your skin is protective (to some extent) and sweat has natural anti-bacterial properties. I'm not sure whether research backs me up, but I'd hazard a guess that if you keep removing the oils from your skin you could leave yourself more vulnerable to infections.

That isn't to say that you should never shower. But three times a day is probably overdoing it.

The thing is for competitions i can train as much as three times a day in upto two different places, that was why i was showering three times a day. I only shower two times a day

Quote Originally Posted by Rosi View Post
    Washing is over-rated. Seriously. The oily film on your skin is protective (to some extent) and sweat has natural anti-bacterial properties. I'm not sure whether research backs me up, but I'd hazard a guess that if you keep removing the oils from your skin you could leave yourself more vulnerable to infections.

That isn't to say that you should never shower. But three times a day is probably overdoing it.
    showering BEFORE training is very bad especially
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post

brilliant article, thanks

there was also an article on the UG that suggested making a 70% solution of water and one of these alcohols:

isopropyl alcohol
    ethanol
    methylated spirits

and putting it in one of those spray bottles.

you spray your gloves/pads/whatver and wipe off, then spray again and leave to dry. good shit, gonna nick some isopropyl off work

70% isopropyl the best dilution for killing bacteria frommy experience.

It's also a pretty good for pooling on your hands and setting fire to yourself with a bunsen burner. It seems to take a lot longer to evaporate than you'd think though (it stung and burnt )

Quote Originally Posted by Femme-ma View Post
    70% isopropyl the best dilution for killing bacteria frommy experience.

It's also a pretty good for pooling on your hands and setting fire to yourself with a bunsen burner. It seems to take a lot longer to evaporate than you'd think though (it stung and burnt )
    haha, i've set fire to myself with loads of stuff but torching my face with a sik full of flaming acetone gas was the worst

Have you seen this stuff advertised in Fighters Only?

http://www.puresanitizer.com/

It's $19.95 + shipping but at the moment is $19.95 including international shipping. Supposed to be good for 800 uses.

They say:
    PURE sanitizer is an effective and easy way to help prevent the spread of germs, bacteria, fungus and infection. This patent approved formula is designed to kill 99.99% of disease causing bacteria and fungus, including ringworm, staph, and hepatitis, within 15 seconds after application.

interesting...