Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rickson Gracie will fight again

Exclamation Rickson Gracie will fight again

MMA legend, Rickson Gracie surprised all his fans by being present at the Heroe’s weight-ins. Rickson will be at Kevin Casey’s corner, which will face the Japanese Ikuhisa Minowa. FEG president, Sadaharu Tanigawa, spoke about the possibility of Rickson return to the Japanese rings: "Rickson still has plans to fight”. According to Tanigawa he has made several proposals, since 2003, for the Gracie to comeback and the last one was on Friday. “Rickson had pointed three fighers he’d like to face, seems like he’s ready”.

Source: fight2live.net
    Translation (from Portuguese): MMA-Europe.net
    www.MMA-europe.net

caledonianprint

where he will fight a can.
    what's the point?
    when will the legend end.
    At least Royce fought decent guys.

Default the 3 fighters..

So, IF the one and only descides to put his miracle record on the line (finaly) who would be the 3 fighters he 'would like to fight'!?

could it be . . .

Sakuraba!
    Frank Shamrock...
    or Tank abbot!

Or would he go for someone still up there with the best of em...

Rickson has not fought for seven years, and I feel it would be negligent of him to taint his renowned undefeated legacy. However the possibility of a rematch with Masakatsu Funaki does sounds very captivating.

chokehim

Question

if rickson is to fight what do you think his purse will be....??

Quote Originally Posted by Daihlo View Post
    So, IF the one and only descides to put his miracle record on the line (finaly) who would be the 3 fighters he 'would like to fight'!?

could it be . . .

Sakuraba!
    Frank Shamrock...
    or Tank abbot!

Or would he go for someone still up there with the best of em...
    I think Frank Shamrook still has what it takes to b appart of the elite!

But maybe Ken Shamrook can be the third fighter lol
    I love hitting people, its one of my favourite past times!!!

I believe we are forgetting something here... Sure he has a record and legacy to keep but Heroes is able to give him LOTS of cash, he's a god in Japan. I bet he'll fight a Japanese fighter and not necessarely a rematch
    www.MMA-europe.net

Frank Shamrock is still very much a top fighter, even eight years on from his last fight in the UFC. He is the current Strikeforce Middleweight champion and did an excellent job of picking apart top 185 pounder Phil Baroni at EliteXC/Strikeforce in June.

If Rickson is eager to get back in the ring, then K-1 will not have to tempt him out of retirement with a ridiculously huge paycheck. Business it business, though, and maybe Rickson is only doing it for another big pay day.

that was my point but we really don't know what really motivates him.
    www.MMA-europe.net

doubt anything will come of it, prob just the gracie rumor mill keeping the Gracie name going. Has he fought BJJ since 'retired' from MMA? If not then I doubt he's in shape to jump straight back into a top level fight unless he fights a setup match in Japan. (a la Takada 1+2)