Thread: Main event for CWFC Fight Night 3 announced

Default Main event for CWFC Fight Night 3 announced

The show in Beirut has had the main event disclosed just now, and it's a good one!

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...ainikainen.htm

TUF and UFC veteran Kyle Watson will meet the talented Finnish striker Juha-Pekka Vainikainen on February 11th.

That has the makings of a great fight, and a win for Vainikainen would really get people talking after a lot of speculation following his eight fight win streak, with two UFC vets on his resume.

big props this is a big fight is it live online ?

I dont have sky sports
    Joey Essex is my hero, he's Reem.

Looking forward to this fight.

Juha-Pekka Vainikainen might not be top 10 ranked in Europe but he is very, very good. He has a record of 18-5-1, is a veteran of M-1, Fight Festival and holds wins over several US guys (including some UFC veterans). Unbeaten in his last 8 bouts, i think he will give Watson a test when they meet on February 11th in the Middle East.

Plus Vainikainen made the 2012 World MMA Lightweight Scouting Report too. Worth a read if you want to find out more about him as well as some fight footage.
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/2...couting-report

good stuff, fly me out

fights are getting bigger on cage warriors!!!! hope this event is streamed????

Cool interview with Kyle before the fight at Cage Warriors Fight Night 3 right here.

“His assessment is that I won't be able to get the fight to the ground, but I've heard that many times before. 17 of my 19 victims said the same thing. If I decide that's where I want it, he won't have a choice.

“The great thing is that I feel comfortable in all ranges. While I give John Makdessi credit for a creative finish in beating me in my last match, it was a fluke. Aside from that bout I haven't been finished since 2005.

“I’ve fought better strikers and I spar with better strikers daily. I also train with collegiate wrestlers and several other black belts so being comfortable in all ranges gives me a great advantage.

“Vainikainen has a lot of experience, like I do, so I’m expecting professionalism and a tough fight. I think it’s a safe assumption that he’ll display technical striking and good composure. His win streak is impressive but he hasn't fought an opponent like me with such a diverse set of skills and the ability to finish the fight anywhere.”