Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Centrum vits/select 50 = cheaper same ingredients??

Default Centrum vits/select 50 = cheaper same ingredients??

Hi

I have always taken centrum as my multi vit supplement, have noticed that as opposed to 3.50/4 for 30 "normal ones" , the select 50 range that is aimed at people over 50 is 2.30/2.50- is this to encourage elderly people to take who wouldn't normally spend that much on vits?

The ingredients are the same and the main vits dosages/mg are the same too..

Why is it "Select 50" is significantly cheaper than their "normal" vits.??

Thats a good question. I dont know the answer though!

Tomatohead

The Answer Is Both Listed Vits Are Wank

tomatohead do tell us the premier league of vits then that are "reasonable" money apart from a healthy balanced diet...

Tomatohead

FSC
    Solgar
    Natures Plus
    Viridian

Any of these brands should be fine get them form your local independant health food store

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

FSC
    Solgar
    Natures Plus
    Viridian

Any of these brands should be fine get them form your local independant health food store
    Out of curiosity, what are you basing that on? Vitamins aren't really my area, and I'm not sure what makes the difference between a good supplement and a bad one. Is it just down to how much of each vitamin/mineral is contained in each pill, and how good the balance is, or is there something else going on as well?
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

Solgar... was told that years ago... holland and barratt?

Never heard of the other brands though

Tomatohead

Based on supplement quantitys and ingredients ratio's and anecdotal eveidnce (no studies for this I'm afraid )basically your cheap one are 100% british RDA which are jack shit, A multivitamin is basically a tarted up B complex, you really require a minumum of 50mg's of your b's and a decent level of everything else except C because if you had a worthwhile amount of C you wouldnt be able to swallow the pill (maybe stick it up your arse but whatever floats your boat )

I have been around and worked with supplements all my life, sot of bred into me at an early age. But the ones Ive recomended are one I would personally take myself the best bein the natures plus source of life but thats a 3 a day and includes alot of your wholefoods aswell. its pricey @ 30 a month but worth it imo you can actually tell when you havent taken them.

You wont be able to get any of these from your local H&B i dont think but a good local independant Health food Store. Or our website (dont wanna b plug but if it helps ( htt://www.all-ages-vitamins.co.uk ).

I hope this is of some help to you guys.

Any other questions drop me a PM or post on this thread I'll try my best 2 check it when I can

Tomatohead

for once i agree with u gav

Tomatohead

nah right post mate although i had been punched in the head aot wen i posted that