Thread: Getting through a cold

Default Getting through a cold

After a hectic 2-3 weeks of moving house, work being busy and still trying to train my body's really run down and has decided enough is enough and i've come down with the worst cold (man flu) i've had in a long time.
    Whats the best thing to do to try and fight it/ give the old immune system a boost? Gonna give training a miss till its past but cant afford to have anytime off work.
    So far i'm taking 2000mg vit C and a shed load of water. I'm not a fan of flu/cold medicines so any advice on supplements, vits/minerals Etc.

Cheers

berroca always picks me up, garlic is supposed to be good too. Vicks vaporub is boss too

my granny always says raw onions helps!

K
    If you gonna be dumb, you gota be tough

Echinacea supplements (unless you have rheumatic problems).

peanut butter
    being empty of yourself you cannot be attacked because you arent filled by you.

tracker bars

Glutamine helps big time with the immune system!

albas oil - helps clear blocked sinuses, hot water, lemon and honey, lots of oranges & kiwi fruit, lots of veg especially broccoli, spinach and brussel sprouts - feed a cold, starve a fever! Feel better soon.

cheers guys, i've come to work today loaded with berocca, echinaciea, 8 litres of water and a lorry load of healthy food. This colds going down!!!!

Jimmy

Vitamin C at upto 8grams per day, its water soluble which means you won't overdose on it, and the antioxident effect from it is brilliant. Nothing gets rid of being down, worn out like a high dose of Vit C spread throughout the day, powder form is best (but tastes like ass) but the 1g/1000mg tabs are equally effective.