Thread: Best BJJ Gi

Hybrid View

Default Best BJJ Gi

I'm looking for a Gi, I fancy the blue Koral one but as I'm tight as fuck I don't want to shell out 100 notes.

Any suggestions on cheap, good quality BJJ gi's.

Cheers

A cheaper option to a BJJ gi is a Judo Gi. Fighting films do a great budget blue gi (Red Label). Here's a link : http://www.fightingfilms.com/acatalo...iandBelts.html

I've got a couple of fighting films gis and use them for trad JJ and Judo and they can take a fair bit of punishment. They dont shrink if you follow the instructions. Blitz do a budget judo gi and noe I think they do a budget BJJ suit as well. here's the link :
    http://www.black-eagle.co.uk/

Hope this is of some use

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    I'm looking for a Gi, I fancy the blue Koral one but as I'm tight as fuck I don't want to shell out 100 notes.

Any suggestions on cheap, good quality BJJ gi's.

Cheers
    If you're training with Pedro he does the Element Combat ones for a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    If you're training with Pedro he does the Element Combat ones for a reasonable price.
    cool, training was OK last night. Pedro wasn't there but one a couple of his blue belts were. Aching a bit as you do when you roll for an hour and you haven't done much for a while. Nice red ears today too!!

Check out the gis by Padilla & Sons. The price is very good, not sure about the shipping costs though. They are out of stock at the moment, but Joe Padilla says they'll be getting new stock in Nov, so if you can wait, they might be a good bet. Have a search on the Jiujitsu gear forum for an awesome review of the gi if you're interested.

James

Koral are sweet But like all top brands you looking at 100+ notes for one
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

hey james- how r u?
    u got one? out in rio at the mo-trying to track down some koral ones-no luck as yet.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adamfromessex View Post
    hey james- how r u?
    u got one? out in rio at the mo-trying to track down some koral ones-no luck as yet.
    Adam
    Hey Adam,

I'm good thanks mate. No, I've not got one, wanted to pick one up when I was in the US last month as it would have only cost about 45-50 inc shipping, but they were out of stock (probably a good thing too, I've got too many gis already!!).

Hope you're well mate, have fun in Rio

James

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    cool, training was OK last night. Pedro wasn't there but one a couple of his blue belts were. Aching a bit as you do when you roll for an hour and you haven't done much for a while. Nice red ears today too!!

Did you have Greg taking the class? He's really good, spar with him in the Bristol class and get whooped every time!