Thread: Gi weaves

Default Gi weaves

Noob question coming up!

What do all the different weaves in Jiu Jitsu gis mean? eg single, double, gold etc.

And what should the different weaves be used for? training and competition?

single is pretty thin
    double is very thich/heavy.
    gold is in between kinda
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

I'd say go for gold weave, or the gameness platinum weave (I think its the same thing?)

single is too thin and double too heavy (I have a HCK double weave and its like wearing body armour - never get gi choked in it)

So I guess double weave is bets for competition, if its difficult to apply gi chokes when wearing one?

No where I've seen specifies what weaves the koral gis are, anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    So I guess double weave is bets for competition, if its difficult to apply gi chokes when wearing one?
    Maybe - its slows both parties game down and a thick collar never EVER stopped an armbar!

someone does - not me tho!

I'm sure I have seen somewhere that Koral gi's are gold weave, though I can't be 100% sure.

maybe but they weigh more so...

Koral - gold
    Each new hour holds a new beginning, a new horizon; offering us space to place new steps to change

Buy whatever you feel comfortable in. I prefer a heavier gi such as DanRho (in judo) But lots like the lighter & most respected mizuno