Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: the kneebar

where do you train aplin?
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

i cant be kneebarred anymore. I threw a rock on my knee, so he would bend backwards 5 sets 10. Left side and right side 2 times a week.
    Now i use a 20 kg weight plate.

Weston MMA.
    "When you're not training; somebody else is training to kick your ass."
    Part of Team Savage. Trained by Alex 'The Boy' Owen:
    http://www.teamsavage.co.uk/

I wouldn't let Matt T anywhere near my knee what with those massive limbs, i'd never get out! Got Knee bar'ed by Dave B also, that killed and it was straight!

i can get away with being kneebarred on my right leg (to a certain extent), but not my left. my right just bends back. i think its from when i twisted my knee on a snowboard.

so if u find kneebars painful, go down a dry slope full pelt and get the board stuck in the floor. your be flexible as owt!

Quote Originally Posted by widge milward View Post
    feel free to go to the colosseum and let either Danny Rushton or Matt Thorpe knee bar you, then tell me they dont hurt.

ask J-Sho he got kneebarred from 12 Gauge at a subleague once, whats was it john, "i let him attempt it as he span that fast i assumed he would slip off£
    lol, 2003 wants its sub league back. i had never personally drilled any leglocks at that time and had only seen them in videos, Matt spun out so fast, i thought for a moment he would spin clean off. I also didn't know the first thing about defending them, so i gutted it out for a bit (foolish given how slick and tight it was) and spent a week walking more slowly than normal for my trouble i can't think i would have said that first bit about letting him attempt it, he was doing pretty much doing what he fancied move wise

Quote Originally Posted by Aplin View Post
    Last I heard you don't even train so how would you know?
    well i train and you are talking piffle in my opinion

you're making weston mma sound like a mcdojo
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Smile

if you want to learn knee bars, feel free to come visit

Quote Originally Posted by Aplin View Post
    Last I heard you don't even train so how would you know?
    if i dont train & i do know what im talking about what does that say about you and your instructor you do train and yet still dont know what the fuck you are on about?
    Augustus Gloop, Augustus Gloop, a great big greedy nincompoop!!