Thread: BJJ in Portsmouth

Hybrid View

Default BJJ in Portsmouth

HI folks, am new here. Was just wondering if anyone knew of a BJJ class that runs in portsmouth? Have searched on the web and cannot find one listed anywhere.

Thanks for your help chaps.

contact colin (posts on here as razorsharp)

he runs a bjj club in pompey affiliated to Vitor Shaolin Ribeiro. It runs (i believe) in a gym somewhere in pompey but i cant remember which gym.

Actually in Portsmouth, Fitness First in the Pompey Centre run classes. In Gosport, The Cage Gym run BJJ classes on a tues evening.

edit: that's the gym Graham is referring to above.
    Last edited by woo; 05-11-2007 at 01:03 PM.
    "Lack of education is an extraordinary handicap when one is being offensive."

if you are looking for no-gi grappling for MMA then you should check out southcoastsubmissions run by Brian Adams. Loads of good grapplers down there and its an awesome club.

who teaches bjj at the cage gym ?

Simon someone, I can't remember is last name. Really cool guy though, recently moved over from Japan.
    "Lack of education is an extraordinary handicap when one is being offensive."

Thanks guys, i'll give him a ring. His number is on a poster on this site.

I also think a gracie barra is opening soon in portsmouth, well in the new year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by graham cooke View Post
    if you are looking for no-gi grappling for MMA then you should check out southcoastsubmissions run by Brian Adams. Loads of good grapplers down there and its an awesome club.

who teaches bjj at the cage gym ?
    Hi Graham,

Thanks for that mate. I've looked at SCS website before and toyed with the idea of coming along. Only problem is i am 34 (bit creaky :-)) and not sure i could commit to coming more than once or twice a week due to having a wife and two demanding kids!

ring bri mate. His numbers on the site (or pm big bri on here).

Have a chat and im sure he can sort you out with some good advice. Also if you are not already experienced there is a separate class on tuesdays for novice grapplers.