Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GAA Referee, competitor and promoter workshop - 18th November

Jude Samuel
    BJJ BlackBelt

Default GAA Referee, competitor and promoter workshop - 18th November

This is the first of many courses to aid the growth and understanding of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Grappling within the UK. The workshop will comprise of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Urban Gorillaz rules and tournament standards for the competitor, instructor and promoter.

All competitors, coaches, promoters, instructors of all grappling arts are welcome to attended and it is important that all gain a better understanding of the rules systems as it will aid in your understanding of the sports in question and this understanding will help you enjoy it much more as a spectator.

Promoters are advised to attend as the tools and systems that we have developed will help you run your tournament much more efficiently and the understanding of the rules systems will enable a more enjoyable experience for the competitors.

The cost of the course is 15 and will start from 1pm and finish at 4pm
    Entry fee's are payable on the day.

The venue will be at:
    Gracie Barra Birmingham which is located in Stevie B's Gym Station Road, Acocks Green Birmingham

The Course will be run by:

IBJJF Certified referee and Black Belt: Victor Estima
    and NSAC and UG Certified Referee/Judge Andy Roberts

For more information contact courses@grapplingartsassociation.org
    http://www.grapplingartsassociation.org/

or just turn up on the day!!!

We are also planning First Aid and Instructor courses. If there's anything you'd like us to add to this or any questions about course ... please write to us.

Also, if you are holding any courses that would be helpful to our members .. we are happy to post that information.

Interesting stuff and also a really good move. The kind of good move that means it would never be adapted to UK MMA.

What's the promoter workshop going to cover?

I've never seen anything like this.
    Have I been looking in the wrong places, or is this an original idea?

Jude Samuel
    BJJ BlackBelt

The promoter workshop will cover the rules, the working of the different bracket systems, pros and cons of elimination systems (knockout, round robin and double elimination), timings, insurance, waivers, competitor, club and instructor insurance, referee sourcing, first aid, venues, sponsorship, risk assessments and what is planned for the future for BJJ and grappling in general in the UK....etc etc etc.

As much stuff as we can cover in the 3 hours to help promoters put on better tournaments and get talking to each other.

No one has done this for our sport yet in the UK and no one has done it for tournament promoters worldwide, so yes its a first and I hope it helps as much as we hope it will.

wolfpack_mma

I will go to this

Steve

not going to be able to make this, would gaa consider in future of putting something like this onto dvd type thing to sell?

Tez

I'm not interested in the promoting one (though it's a good idea)I've learned the hard way lol but very much interested in the reffing.

its all in the same seminar
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Thai Boxing in Farnborough
    Full time academy!
    http://www.andyrobertsbjj.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    not going to be able to make this, would gaa consider in future of putting something like this onto dvd type thing to sell?
    now thats a good idea

To the top
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Thai Boxing in Farnborough
    Full time academy!
    http://www.andyrobertsbjj.com