Thread: Prevent Staph

Hybrid View

Default Prevent Staph

Following my recent Staph infection I've been looking for some prevension and stumbled across this article:

http://smashpass.blogspot.com/2007/03/mrsa-report.html

some good stuff, though scared the shit out of me a bit. I was looking for a UK supplier of Defence soap but it's had mixed reports!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    Following my recent Staph infection I've been looking for some prevension and stumbled across this article:

http://smashpass.blogspot.com/2007/03/mrsa-report.html

some good stuff, though scared the shit out of me a bit. I was looking for a UK supplier of Defence soap but it's had mixed reports!!!
    if you're gonna buy defense soap it's very expensive to ship over (i asked) abuot 5 quid a bar or some shit liek that. all defense soap is is a tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil soap bar, and you ca get these from all over the place. me and femmema had a good chat about this and a tea tree oil soap bar seems best bet for it. honourable mention to wright's coal tar soap too
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    if you're gonna buy defense soap it's very expensive to ship over (i asked) abuot 5 quid a bar or some shit liek that. all defense soap is is a tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil soap bar, and you ca get these from all over the place. me and femmema had a good chat about this and a tea tree oil soap bar seems best bet for it. honourable mention to wright's coal tar soap too
    I was using the natural source mint and tea tree shower gell. Seemed to do the trick untilmy recent super staph infection. May just stick to that and see if there is a tea tree bubble bath wash thing too.

you could always try hibiclens, might be a tad overkill though. i made a thread about it somewhere
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Tomatohead

tea-tree soap with a decent amount of oil in it works out @ 1.95 a bar go for thursdays plantation.

gonna try the tea tree soap and oil from Bodyshop.

About 10 - 12 drops of oil in a bath after training supposed to be good. With the soap sould be sparkly clean!!!

Carry on with the natural source in the morning shower before work (only really cos I like the tinglly feeling in my nuts from the mint!!!)