Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impulse to train at night?

Hybrid View

Default Impulse to train at night?

Does anyone else get this? I have given myself a two week break from Martial Arts as I injured my arm after training really hard for a fight (which I ended up not being able to attend - not all due to injury).

However after just 2 days I was out of my mind with the lack of physical activity and just didn't feel tired at all. I start reading a book on boxing and suddenly got the urge to do something.

Went into the spare room (got some weights, an exercise bike & mirror) did about 15 minutes of shadow boxing and then after still being bored I went for a 20 minute run... AT 2:20am!!! It was awesome, the usually packed seafront was dead, the wind was just right, I think I will have to run more before bed, because I came in, jumped in the cold-ish shower and fell straight to sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by Aplin View Post
    Does anyone else get this? I have given myself a two week break from Martial Arts as I injured my arm after training really hard for a fight (which I ended up not being able to attend - not all due to injury).

However after just 2 days I was out of my mind with the lack of physical activity and just didn't feel tired at all. I start reading a book on boxing and suddenly got the urge to do something.

Went into the spare room (got some weights, an exercise bike & mirror) did about 15 minutes of shadow boxing and then after still being bored I went for a 20 minute run... AT 2:20am!!! It was awesome, the usually packed seafront was dead, the wind was just right, I think I will have to run more before bed, because I came in, jumped in the cold-ish shower and fell straight to sleep!

Just have a wank instead

haha, would wake the girlfriend up I imagine!

i have cut right back on my training so i have more energy for my girly

Tez

Aplin, welcome to the world of the shift worker lol! I quite often train during the middle of the night, when I'm on nights that's my 'day'. Also sometimes when I train during the day that's my 'night', very confusing sometimes and it's no wonder shift workers live five years less than non shift workers!

Quote Originally Posted by Aplin View Post
    haha, would wake the girlfriend up I imagine!
    you just need to practice!!

you just need to practice!!
    Pick up Wagon's new book:

'How to stealth wank'

Available on Amazon now!

I get this quite often.
    Sometimes I get this burst of energy even after training (even if it was a bad session).
    Not long before bed I just want to start shadow boxing and running around like a loon.. sometimes I did but it would f*** up my sleep pattern.
    So, I've learned also, to stealth wank.. thanks Wagon!

I had this for 3 years. best 3 years training of my life to be honest.
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

Gaydar is going off the scale with this thread.
    Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.