Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Something really funny that happened in class-advice needed

Default Something really funny that happened in class-advice needed

Hello,

Something happened to me today that was really funny and really weird. So I train in a more traditional MA. I went today with a friend to a different club that is a part of the same school with a different instructor. I bowed as I entered the training room and got changed. We were a little late as caught in traffic.
    The instructor from my club also happened to be at the same club and he trained with us. About 30 minutes into the session we had a short break to put our names down-the instructor at this new club did not look me in the eye infact he didn't seem to want to talk with people generally. Then after about another ten minutes my instructor called me over and told me that this schools instructor wanted me to leave his club.
    When I asked why I was told I wasn't really given a proper reason..."did you not bow when you entered the class?" I said "yes, I did"....then my instructor suggested that I wait in the changing room and apologise to this clubs instructor. A lot of thoughts went through my mind but really I wanted to know what the problem was you know.

I waited for what seemed like a long time but was probably ten minutes....I felt like I was back at school about to be told off my the headmaster. He eventually entered the room and said I'd shown a bad attitude in that I did not ask him in advance if I could train at the club and did not bow to him when I entered the room and did not introduce myself during the break (despite the fact that he did not seem to want to talk to anybody).

I have done other stuff in the past and found this all a bit weird. I mean Im wearing the white belt and stuff you know. Should I tell the master of all the schools about it?

This is serious by the way I know it sounds like I've made it up. Its possible he felt intimidated by me as Im 6 foot 3" but it still seems weird.

he has a couple of points really, but these things work both ways. You should have asked if it was ok to train before gettin changed.
    But to be fair Your instructer should have stopped it from getting that far - why did he shit out ? He should have put his foot down before getting to that stage.

But the guy who's club it is, seems to be a wanker anyway - i just wouldnt go back & keep to your own club

thats another reason i dont practice tma's anymore, that with some of the teaching methods, techniques that were wrong and boring repetitive lessons i also dont have time for all the traditional bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by jayman2606 View Post
    Hello,

Something happened to me today that was really funny and really weird. So I train in a more traditional MA. I went today with a friend to a different club that is a part of the same school with a different instructor. I bowed as I entered the training room and got changed. We were a little late as caught in traffic.
    The instructor from my club also happened to be at the same club and he trained with us. About 30 minutes into the session we had a short break to put our names down-the instructor at this new club did not look me in the eye infact he didn't seem to want to talk with people generally. Then after about another ten minutes my instructor called me over and told me that this schools instructor wanted me to leave his club.
    When I asked why I was told I wasn't really given a proper reason..."did you not bow when you entered the class?" I said "yes, I did"....then my instructor suggested that I wait in the changing room and apologise to this clubs instructor. A lot of thoughts went through my mind but really I wanted to know what the problem was you know.

I waited for what seemed like a long time but was probably ten minutes....I felt like I was back at school about to be told off my the headmaster. He eventually entered the room and said I'd shown a bad attitude in that I did not ask him in advance if I could train at the club and did not bow to him when I entered the room and did not introduce myself during the break (despite the fact that he did not seem to want to talk to anybody).

I have done other stuff in the past and found this all a bit weird. I mean Im wearing the white belt and stuff you know. Should I tell the master of all the schools about it?

This is serious by the way I know it sounds like I've made it up. Its possible he felt intimidated by me as Im 6 foot 3" but it still seems weird.
    I would go back and shoot him. That seems like the only reasonable response in this situation.

all that bowing and other gay shit , what a load of bollocks!

Typical TMA bullshit! That's the reason why I stopped doing it. Could NOT stand the attitude.

I went to a traditional ( Not BJJ ) Jui Jitsu Calss in Peterborough and we ended up doing some stand up , this guy had been there for three years , i kicked his ass so easily and i had hardly ever done stand up its ridiculous, tma is for people who like suits and shit( and people whol dont actually enjoy the getting hit / physical pain part of it ), I M H O all its good for is teaching kids discipline and respect , kids who do karate are lulled into a false sense of security by thinking that if they do there kata in front of the aggressor that they will run a mile and this just aint the case
    Last edited by DetoxGuru.com; 10-11-2007 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxGuru.com View Post
    I went to a traditional ( Not BJJ ) Jui Jitsu Calss in Peterborough and we ended up doing some stand up , this guy had been there for three years , i kicked his ass so easily and i had hardly ever done stand up its ridiculous, tma is for people who like suits and shit( and people whol dont actually enjoy the getting hit / physical pain part of it ), I M H O all its good for is teaching kids discipline and respect , kids who do karate are lulled into a false sense of security by thinking that if they do there kata in front of the aggressor that they will run a mile and this just aint the case
    i would argue karates been a good base for me but really, the technique is all wrong and it has taken a while to get it out of my system so really its done more harm than good, tmas dont ever really teach much they just keep you busy for 1 and a half hours or so little bit of sparring at the end then everyone goes home

Confidence Man

You were wrong not to bow when you entered his dojo. You were also wrong in not showing your instructor proper respect.

I think the instructor let you off lightly because in ancient Japan if you'd pulled this stunt they would have subjected you to Japanese Water torture for 30 minutes.

The correct procedure in this situation is to go to the dojo in question at 4 AM in the morning. Kneel in front of the main entrance and strip to your waist. Draw your Tanto and cut a deep line across your chest from shoulder to shoulder. Then sit in the Zen position and wait for as long as is required ... come rain hail or snow ... you wait until you are accepted back into the club. You may be sitting there in your Zen posture heavily bleeding for up to 48 hours (depending on how forgiving Sensei is) so I recommend you have a good meal and drink some Lucazade before you go out on your mission.
    Last edited by Confidence Man; 10-11-2007 at 01:42 PM.

DeadlyArtsMaster

So what cocky stuff did you really do during the class that made him react that way????? you're trying to sound all innocent but you don't expect anyone to believe that shit right? liar liar pants on fire!

I remain,
    DeadlyArtsMaster