Thread: MMA Gear / T Shirts SALE!

Default MMA Gear / T Shirts SALE!

MMAWAREHOUSE.COM

They have a 'Black Friday' sale on whereby by entering BLACKFRI on checkout it deducts 17.5% (Today only)

Prices are dirt cheap (remember the prices are in dollars not pounds, just half it - Most Affliction/Xtreme Coture TShirts £20.00, Most Tapout TShirts £10.00) However i just got right royally f**ked on the international shipping charges

Make ya own mind up, sale ends tonight.

That's me skint, just hope I don't get battered with the taxes.

It's a fully registered website thus you won't get f*cked with taxes in the same way you would buying something off Joe Bloggs from overseas?

Correct no?

Cool, didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Valour5 View Post
    It's a fully registered website thus you won't get f*cked with taxes in the same way you would buying something off Joe Bloggs from overseas?

Correct no?
    No. Import duty and VAT is due at point of entry into the county. Often with single items the average consumer can sometimes get away with it but often you cant, hence your last comment about getting fu*ked on taxes. Import duty on clothing from the US has rocketed from 9% to 27% due to a trade disagreement. When shipping, taxes and duty are taken into consideration often a good deal doesnít work out as good as it first appeared. Added to that is the hassle of getting an exchange if something doesnít fit or is defective.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightshop.Com View Post
    No. Import duty and VAT is due at point of entry into the county. Often with single items the average consumer can sometimes get away with it but often you cant, hence your last comment about getting fu*ked on taxes. Import duty on clothing from the US has rocketed from 9% to 27% due to a trade disagreement. When shipping, taxes and duty are taken into consideration often a good deal doesnít work out as good as it first appeared. Added to that is the hassle of getting an exchange if something doesnít fit or is defective.
    What would you recommend doing?

Should we buy from a reputable fight shop in the UK?

LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE MMA - Home to Shay Walsh, Matty Steele and Alex 'The Marksman' Makhonin

i liek fightshop.com quick easy and good gear. shipping charges are a pain in the arse, saying that i am thinking of paying the shipping just for a team punishment shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Emmet J View Post
    What would you recommend doing?

Should we buy from a reputable fight shop in the UK?

Of course ! (I didnt even state that as I thought it would be so obvious )

But seriously, with the £ to the $ so high UK residents can buy cheaply from the US this is something UK shops are aware of, but often the deal is not as good a it first appears if UK Customs do charge you on a package (like I said before sometime you can get away with it when it becomes a really good deal and sometimes you cant). Obviously if youíre going to make a major saving then itís a no brainer but I would just ask that people consider all the costs first, shipping, duty and VAT and then other factors such as delivery time and the ease of returning and exchanging an item that doesnít fit or is defective. Added to this as far as I am aware all the major UK stores support UK MMA in some form whether it be sponsoring fighters, providing advertising revenue and sponsorship for shows, providing stalls at shows etc, etc. I often see some people who post on here make comments about how they support UK MMA and the sport deserves more support and then in another post congratulate themselves on how they saved a couple of quid on a pair of shorts by buying from the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    i liek fightshop.com quick easy and good gear. shipping charges are a pain in the arse, saying that i am thinking of paying the shipping just for a team punishment shirt
    I cant get Team Punishment here as they refuse to sell to internet businesses. They will only sell to bricks and mortar stores.

Default team punishment

hi there controlled aggression will be getting team punishment in stock very soon we will be the only stockists in the country as simon (fightshop) said they do not allow sales online good news for us
    www.controlledaggression.co.uk
    unit 13
    branch road
    lower darwen
    lancs