Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A spent force?

Is Kinda a big
    thing around here
    Pro Fighter

Forgot there is also Michael Stapleton but he fell down a hole and then got a job with dodgy hours but hes back training now.

D
    A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide.

'As I walk through the valley of death I fear no evil
    coz im the meanest motherfucker in the valley'

'Girls already have one pussy they dont need another!'

^^^ i just added it up and i think from quannum we have won our last 10 fights in a row, and im predicting another 'W' in 2 weeks!!
    Oggy will be back once he has sorted out his multiple injuries.

ScrapperMan

I think they were massively over rated up there tbh

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by ScrapperMan View Post
    I think they were massively over rated up there tbh

mmmmmm.... juicy fat worm... i'll just take a bite.... hold on, is that a hook I see?

Pro Fighter

I don't think the "Northern Cartel" really exists anymore. The Quannum guys have been fighting under the 'Team Quannum' banner for a while and the last couple of Colloseum fights have been under the "Team Colosseum" banner.

It's great to see Quannum producing dedicated active fighters building solid records and good to go up there and train when we can (when I say we... I mean Matt and I, as we are the only guys who really ever do)

Maybe the time has come to let the ghost of the Northern Cartel die and close this sub forum, what do you think?

Tez

Just something I've noticed from my own observations is that we seem to have moved from being 'clubs' where people have the traditional martial arts outlook of supporting the club and being team members to being 'gyms' where there seems to be less loyalty and more of an atitiude that you only need to drop in now and again rather than train regularly there. I might be wrong but it's how things seem to be.
    "The Prodigy"? That's David Smyth's nickname lol! He'll be fighting agan soon, been getting over a car accident (again)

Tez

Quote Originally Posted by John Hopton View Post
    Another sign of the times.....There's just not enough nicknames to go around
    LOL we called him The Boy until his first pro fight after that it wasn't too appropriate.

Tez

I think Quannum, RoughHouse are teams as much as anything which is one of the things that make them strong but again to me they are like the old style clubs.The people we have that don't come in regularly seem to be the ones who want to say they are "cage fighters" but aren't willing to put the effort in, we've had a couple who will do one amateur fight and then not be interested other than come in every so often and act as if they are seasoned fighters. I can't tell you how much they annoy me! The real fighters and the old style MMAer's who do it to train ( in the vague hope that one day someone somewhere will fight them lol) are the ones who come in regularly.
    We aren't a big name team but I wonder if the bigger teams/gyms get people who come just so they can boast they train there?

Pro Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by John Hopton View Post

Street is talking about fighting and at least turns up at the gym regularly for MMA training as well as doing fitness work elsewhere (I think)

The Prodigy was there on Thursday and professes to want to fight. On the other hand Magic Kid also professes to want to fight but is rarely seen.
    Street could be decent fighter, but his commitment at present will got get him to reach his potential.

Neither Prodigy or Magic Kid train anywhere near enough to compete. At best these guys have trained twice in 1 week and usually it is more like once in two weeks. They should be fight traiing 4-5 times a week, plus strength, conditioning and cardio.

tbh at present the only guy I can be bothered supporting is the only guy who really puts the work in and that is Matt... and Danny if he wishes to continue fighting

Pro Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Tez View Post
    "The Prodigy"? That's David Smyth's nickname lol! He'll be fighting agan soon, been getting over a car accident (again)
    I doubt it will matter, our guy, an ex-Mister Wigan champion bodybuilder, is unlikely to be fighting under that name, it's a gym name... his other is Goldfish