Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: A spent force?

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Maybe, not sure how you would do that and I don't believe that Matt has the time to wait.

Matt and I have been trying a couple of other clubs and we intend to continue to do this. For me, it's all about getting Matt the training and sparing he requires

I can see what you are saying in relation to training at other gyms & using the colosseum name - This is a scenario that happens all the time in judo simply because of the limited amount of high quality bodies in one region. I am aware that it doesnt happen in boxing & thai.
    I train at a judo club where very few people actually represent them in competition, however if you want to compete at a decent level you simply must train at that club for the bodies & level of experience on the mat. I suppose it is also a culture thing.

In relation for somebody to train twice weekly & want to fight is laughable.

so are tuesdays and thursdays like the old style classes again-with practising techniques? i picked up one of my fave moves at the old style classes (anaconda).
    sux

Quannum is a horrible place all i remember is liver pain and pressure drills. and sometimes combined

Don't the big gyms (Wolfslair etc) have like pay monthly plans? If people have to pay a monthly fee they might be more inclined to get to the extra few sessions a week.

Just a thought

Pro Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wal View Post
    Don't the big gyms (Wolfslair etc) have like pay monthly plans? If people have to pay a monthly fee they might be more inclined to get to the extra few sessions a week.

Just a thought
    The problem I see there is that the facilities Wolfslair provide are far beyond the padded room of the Colosseum, so that means it is harder to charge a higher fee and harder to get monthly payments.

The Colosseum has always tried to keep the sessions cheap, so that people can afford to train. I don't know many places that charge on 3.50 for a 1.5 hour session.

It might be possible to charge 25/month or something, meaning people would get a session/month free? Dunno, I don't want to get involved

True, I guess it would be a pain in the arse to keep check of who has paid.

Aaron, Where is the MMA Predators gym you said you have also been going too? I've not heard of it before, is it new? What classes / times to they train?

Hey, i have been reading the thread and its quite depressing to say the least. Maybe what the coliseum needs to do is hold an open day or something to recruit more would be fighters to the gym. I remember when Trojan Free Fighters put on their Urban Ditruction events in Bristol. The event was similar recruitment drive. They had adverts for the gym on every flyer on every seat. The show was a huge succes and many more people started training at their gym because they were made aware that there was a place to train "ultimate fighting" near and you didnt have to be a roider to it. The flyers were welcoming and they made it clear that anyone could give it ago. Maybe at the next quanum event, you guys could take this approach and in turn restore the northan cartlel to fortress it used to be.

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Advertising would be a good idea Ricky, but only for the future....

looking at it from Matt's point of view, he is not getting the sparring partners (apart from Danny and Aaron) to further his career.
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Pro Fighter

Matt and I have discussed his training and that is being addressed.

Chris, John is correct on the location of Predators. it's a good gym and Gaving is a good coach. I have been going there on Mondays (although not for the last couple of weeks) with Matt. We aim to make this regular, possibly twice a week.