Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Fighter Pages

Default The Fighter Pages

MMA Complaints Procedure and Information Site

This site is to be launched in early 2008 at the address:
    email: info@fighterpages.co.uk

This scheme is an information and complaints service which will publish information on MMA professionals in the UK. The site will list information on people and companies within MMA who have had a number of complaints issued against them and our professional panel has made the decision to make the information public. The panel is made up of people representing the different areas of MMA (fighters, coaches, referees and promoters) with representatives from all over the UK. The panel consists of Marc Goddard, Grant Waterman, Leigh Remedios, Sol Gilbert, Rosi Sexton, Paul McVeigh, Dave O'Donnell, Paul James and Ian Dean.

The system will work by databasing all information sent to me by other UK MMA professionals. The information will be assessed and researched and sent out to the panel when either complaints occur frequently or the complaint is of a very serious nature. To be published, the person must receive 7/9 votes from the panel, if any less, they will either be re-assessed or put on hold.

Once listed, the information will appear on the fighter pages website for public access for a period of 6 months. This will be available to help promotions, fighters and coaches to avoid working with unprofessional individuals and getting a bad reputation or losing money.

I am currently looking to collect information on fighters, promotions or MMA professionals and build up a mailing list so please send me an email if you wish to be added. Please send me full information on anyone who you have a complaint against within UK MMA using the form below. The details WILL NOT be made public unless a person is voted onto the website and this service is totally confidential. The details of the person passing on the information will never be published.

For more information on the Fighter Pages Scheme, feel free to contact me on 07736 925848 or email me at info@fighterpages.co.uk.

Please fill out the form with as much detail as possible and file my address for future occurrences. Also, please forward this onto all MMA professionals who may not have access to this forum or even the internet.

Your name:
    Your contact number:
    Persons Name:
    Weight (if fighter):
    Event Details:
    Persons Location:
    Period of notice given:
    Description of behaviour deemed unprofessional (if any):
    Reason given for Behaviour or pull out:
    Contact Details of Person (if known):
    Last edited by MMA Girl; 14-11-2007 at 01:13 PM.
    http://www.SASPromotions.co.uk The No1. Submission Event in the UK!!!

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

Interesting idea, hope it works out. It's good to see so many people from diverse groups working together.

DROC
    "You've got a lot of opinions for someone who's not on there!"
    Michael Bisping
    "Showed a lot of grit" - Ian Butlin

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

I'm not trying to be awkward but I didn't read every single detail on the previous thread, BUT, is this only against the fighters, or can you complain about an event/promoter also?

Thanks.

Sounds like a good idea, I think you should have some representation from northern MMA though - the only people on that list who live any further north than birmingham are McVeigh and Rosi, and there's a large MMA community in the north and especially the northeast that's without representation on your panel.
    Last edited by Dave Hirst; 14-11-2007 at 03:26 PM.

Career highlight video
    Team Fulinkazan "The will to win compares little with the will to prepare to win"

It is not only for fighters but any MMA professional.

The panel were chosen for their contribution to MMA and continued professionalism, not their location. Hope that doesn't offend anyone as that is not the intent.

Are there any issues with data protection here? - just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by dirty dick View Post
    Are there any issues with data protection here? - just a thought
    I dont really think so.

The way I see it, it isnt law but what we all want, so they are starting to form the infastructure of what one day we will all sign up to be a part of - The UK' governing body of MMA. We will pay as members and all be a part of its guidelines on conductiong ourselves professionally for the good of our health and the sport. This will penalise/ blacklist fighters who dont abide to their agreements and or Promoters who do the same. And futhermore I see it that a year down the line if a promoter is not associated, we would be putting ourselves at risk to fight on their show. Like wise an affiliated promoter I believe wouldnt be contracting fighters to fight who do not conform to the association either as they are at risk

Swanny's right, there are no data protection issues relating to the information we will be supplying.

knucklesbear

Say for an example I wanted to report an imaginery mma promotion company, for arguements sake lets use some random letters CCFFSS what would I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by David Swann View Post
    And futhermore I see it that a year down the line if a promoter is not associated, we would be putting ourselves at risk to fight on their show. Like wise an affiliated promoter I believe wouldnt be contracting fighters to fight who do not conform to the association either as they are at risk
    In turn though, if you know a fighter or promotor is affiliated this brings peace of mind. In a way it's similar to Builders being affiliated to FMB, you know they're legit. Same way goes for a fighter or organisation being affiliated to the fighter pages, it's like a stamp of approval. I think it'll work quite well.