Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kosen Judo in Wokingham

Gary 'Smiler' Turner
    Pro Fighter

Lol!

Your last comment is sooooo true.

But I do hear more BJJers coming the big 'I am' than judokas. But that may be that judo is such a closed world many don't know what BJJ is?!?!?

I think the closed minded ones will miss out on so much...

Smiler

Quote Originally Posted by WCJudoGuy View Post
    Hi all,

I am starting a Judo Ne-waza session (all levels of ability welcome) on Sundays:- 6pm onwards at St. Crispins in Wokingham.

This is in conjunction with the Reading Reapers MMA team

Judo Guy
    Hope the session works out and good luck with it.

Smiler,

my fren,this chap wcjudo guy come on here and say he teach kosen which is obviously untrue then he admits that he is teaching not kosen but normal ne waza.then he to justify says he tap out blues and purples from bjj.
    he won't say what academy from though.then he does more justify about how good he is when he says his score from line up black belt grading.
    then you come on saying you do big throw on ray stevens.

then you say bjj guys are coming 'big i am'.

seems to me no bjj guys boasting about tapping people and throwing people.

only judo guys.so maybe its not bjj guys who are big 'i am'.

maybe i reading thread wrong?

Gary 'Smiler' Turner
    Pro Fighter

Hi,

Perhaps you are reading it wrong.

Discussion with support is what this forum, and indeed all sport, is about. Evidence is in support of further discussion. Getting your black belt in judo through the line up is the toughest way of doing it, and can be checked by a simple call to the British Judo Association. Its something to be proud of, and when he is an instructor selling a new class, it is something to sing about - it helps support his skills.

In respect to me and Ray, 'time to time' isn't 'all the time', and 'he used to make me pay on the ground' gives that balance. Besides, its not a boast, its the truth. And I'm not the fella with the Olympic medal - he is. My last statement kinda says it all.

In respect to Kosen he has stated his reasons and explained why.

If you think a judo black belt can't from time to time tap out blues and purples from BJJ then you are mistaken. It depends on the fighters, but I know it to happen. Its called practice. You get tapped out all the time in practice, because of the nature of what it is. You test, you make a mistake, your opponent takes advantage, and tap.

In respect to BJJ/Judo and the 'big I am', the point being made is that I haven't heard directly of judo fighters knocking BJJ, instead often the opposite and that it is assisting them in their own newaza. However, I have often come across BJJers who think that BJJ is the only way to grapple and acted accordingly, and even now I come accross BJJers that knock judo.

Further, in my post I also commented on maybe why I don't hear judoka knocking BJJ - I suggested that as a whole judo is a closed world, and they don't always know whats going on outside of it.

Please remember, with all posts, there is no emotion just cold words. The spoken word and intent is far different. So please don't take any disrespect or anything else from my posts, just opinions, opinions based on my knowledge and experience.

Smiler

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler View Post

So is one better than the other? NO!

They are the same but different.
    Usually i aggree with what Smiler writes, however, on this aspect i must dissagree.

Judo in its form of the 50s and 60s was better than BJJ. Imagine BJJ with incredible Judo takedowns. Kyuzo Mifune was a 10th dan in Judo, and was so highly regarded throughout the world, that merely referring to him as "10th dan" usually garnered recognition. I firmly believe he would have kicked Rickson's ass. Here's some footage of him

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WMw_Jtn3Avc

Then they fucked with the rules and we're left with the Olympic version we have today.

As a side note, I have had the pleasure of training with Judo Guy for a number of years and can say he has legit skills. Many people would benifit from going and training with him.
    For great training in Sydney, Australia go to www.bondidojo.com.au for excellent, BJJ, MMA and Muay Thai

No PRIDE. No Life

ok smiler my fren,

but when did bjj guy ever come on forum here and say he tapped judo blackbelt?
    and when did bjj guy ever come on forum here and say how he got purple belt? (you know bjj people get belt from good competition win too-just like
    judo line up).never.thats when.

i reading this forum for long time and i see all the time bjj guys talk about how they training judo to improve tachi-waza

i not see any judo guys talk here saying they train bjj,only other way round.

so where these imaginary bjj'ers that 'knock judo'?

i never met one single bjj guy who knock judo.judo good for stand up,bjj good for ground.simple.many bjj guys scared of judo guys in stand up in case for them get smashed!

where did you meet these bjj guys you talk of.they sound like white belts with 3 months in academy deciding to wear mma spandex and train heel hook with ufc gloves-not proper bjj guy.

ok sometimes,very rare,bjj guy act like mad dog been poisoned with steroid,but normally only if from favela and living in cold missing home.

if bjj guy have blue belt or above him gonna be humble,friendly,respectful
    and CERTAINLY NOT TALK ABOUT WHO HE TAP
    on internet.
    Last edited by creonte; 29-11-2007 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by creonte View Post

if bjj guy have blue belt or above him gonna be humble,friendly,respectful
    and CERTAINLY NOT TALK ABOUT WHO HE TAP
    on internet.
    Well my fren, if you waant to be ryght, then you shud not talk who you tap at all, is very disrespect. Especially from the gward
    For great training in Sydney, Australia go to www.bondidojo.com.au for excellent, BJJ, MMA and Muay Thai

No PRIDE. No Life

exactly,so why your fren talk about how he tap bjj guys.

when did anyone read on cagewarrior bjj guy say he tap judo guys.

i never.

Gary 'Smiler' Turner
    Pro Fighter

Hi Creonte!

To keep the discussion going...

"i not see any judo guys talk here saying they train bjj,only other way round."
    Er...apart from on this thread...and another high profile example is Jeff Lawson...

"but when did bjj guy ever come on forum here and say he tapped judo blackbelt?
    and when did bjj guy ever come on forum here and say how he got purple belt? (you know bjj people get belt from good competition win too-just like
    judo line up).never.thats when."
    Er....quite a few threads have had those elements...and you can go back to SFUK for it too...

As far as I'm concerned, they are the same but different. Both deserve respect, and both are well worth a look if you want to become a better grappler.

Smiler

to become better grappler best to stop talking about belt of person you tap,especially if training no gi at the time.