Thread: Rio Heroes 12 exclusive report

Thumbs up Rio Heroes 12 exclusive report

MMA Europe made an exclusive report about Rio Heroes 12 middlewight tournamet.

Read the exclusive extensive article here:
    www.mma-europe.net
    www.MMA-europe.net

its amazing how gloves and decent production make this sport look more credible, rio heros is the dark ages of MMA. is this the place old school MMA fans to go to escape water downed rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    its amazing how gloves and decent production make this sport look more credible, rio heros is the dark ages of MMA. is this the place old school MMA fans to go to escape water downed rules?
    I watch MMA to see the best fighters fight each other. not the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAlien View Post
    I watch MMA to see the best fighters fight each other. not the worst.
    do you feel you get that with RIO Hero's?

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    do you feel you get that with RIO Hero's?
    Yip, the quality of fighters on rio heroes lack skill compared to those who compete on the UFC ect.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Post of the year about Vale Tudo / MMA:

Quote Originally Posted by Hands Of Stone View Post
    Legally, the older style Vale Tudo couldn't raise its head, ugly or otherwise, in this country, Japan, the US or anywhere modern MMA is making significant inroads. So a direct comparison is never going to be made or connection established any more than arranged bare-knuckle boxing or street brawls are linked to MMA anymore.
    Mainstream MMA has enbedded enough, providing regular genuine sporting news, a significant pro-MMA readership/viewers and even more significant advertising revenue that the media can't turn its back on it.
    Thats not to say that Vale Tudo doesn't have a market as I think Finnfight is making a comeback and the old eastern block countries would surely still support an IVC or AFC style event.
    On a sliding scale of informed consent, outside of legality and common social mores, if two healthy, sober and correctly prepared guys want to punch each other in the face for as long as they want, with the understanding the match is over as and when one party signals he no longer wants to continue, then who am I to say it should not go on.
    Not my hands, not my face, not my business.
    Amateur > Semi-Pro > Pro > Vale Tudo.
    Each will have its own market, practitioners and aficionardos to stand alone in their own right, although it's a given that Amateur and Semi-Pro MMA are a stepping stone to Pro MMA and true Vale Tudo is a breed apart that should stand alone outside of the new sporting concept of modern MMA. Similar, but not the same.

The Hands

Ps. I was timed out TWICE and so had my first two replies pissed to the wind. That cobblers up top is a rush job cos I couldn't be fucked anymore. Like it or lump it shit-breaths, lol....
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Carlos lands on Biro's back and punishes the back of his back
    haha ah well, it was a cool report, cheers for that.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Sure it's old school, sure the level fo the fighters isn't too high, Flavio Alvaro - one of the big names - fought in Max Fight 4 this month against a new comer and lost. BUT it's damn enterntaining, you have the fights and all that's happening around, specially Jorge Pereira...

"Stone Hands", the winner of this last tournament, isn0t that bad and has a decent fight record (besides Rio Heroes).
    www.MMA-europe.net

Quote Originally Posted by MMAlien View Post
    Yip, the quality of fighters on rio heroes lack skill compared to those who compete on the UFC ect.
    i agree with you man, this reminds me of sean gannon coming to the UFC

It's refreshing to see a proper vale tudo event without rules.