Thread: New Belts at Carlson Gracie Revolution Team

Hybrid View

Default New Belts at Carlson Gracie Revolution Team

Congratulations to all the guys who were awarded new belts today by Wilson Junior
    after the club competition.We had a great day with guys competing in BJJ,No Gi,Amateur MMA and Muay Thai.
    It was a superb atmosphere and there were some great skills on display,as well as some
    very tough fights.

The fighters who were awarded belts were-

Purple -Scottish Brian

Blue -Artur,Lesley,Karim,Tameer,Tomasz

It was great to see all of our team at the Hammersmith Dojo for this event.

www.carlsongracieteam.org.uk

Fucking Great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really gutted I couldnt compete - there were some great competitiors.

Once Ive got my pc skillz going there a 9 min belt ceremony + belt whipping!!

Props to everyone for going, everyone that got belts and to those that put on this interclub!

Congrats! sounds like a good day
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Thai Boxing in Farnborough
    Full time academy!
    http://www.andyrobertsbjj.com

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by FlameBoy View Post
    ........9 min belt ceremony + belt whipping!!

What? There is a nigh on 10 minute ceremony for a belt!!!! adn then people are whipped???

BJJ is definately todays TMA!!! lol

Yeah,

It was really Traditional having a club comp,that was FREE for anyone to enter,letting them fight full contact muay thai,amatuer mma,No Gi and bjj depending what style they wanted to fight in (all 4 if they wished),

Then at the end of the day,a few guys who have been tearing up the mats were awarded new belts with no warning,no grading and CERTAINLY no grading fee.

So we had a great day,that didn't cost anyone a penny, to have a good old scrap and then gave some belts to the deserving chaps.

And you accuse it of being 'TMA'.
    This hatred of BJJ is boring and old fashioned now.BJJ has a belt system and belts are awarded to those that deserve them-get over it.

The 'ceremony' was the chaps getting handed their belts then whipped,which is an old tradition,and one that we keep.

Simon
    Last edited by Simon Hayes; 03-12-2007 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Removed offensive stuff having realised i walked into a thorough trolling.LOL

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Simon, you may of spotted the "lol" at the end of the post, it is an internet abreviation for "Laughing Out Loud" and is often used, as in this case, to signify a joke.

When you are putting your santa list together this year, don't forget to ask him for a sense of humor and a book on how to take thing less seriously... sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    Yeah,

It was really Traditional having a club comp,that was FREE for anyone to enter,letting them fight full contact muay thai,amatuer mma,No Gi and bjj depending what style they wanted to fight in (all 4 if they wished),

Then at the end of the day,a few guys who have been tearing up the mats were awarded new belts with no warning,no grading and CERTAINLY no grading fee.

So we had a great day,that didn't cost anyone a penny, to have a good old scrap and then gave some belts to the deserving chaps.

And you accuse it of being 'TMA'.
    This hatred of BJJ is boring and old fashioned now.BJJ has a belt system and belts are awarded to those that deserve them-get over it.

The 'ceremony' was the chaps getting handed their belts then whipped,which is an old tradition,and one that we keep.

Simon

Its the way i think gradings should be done. I think you appreciate it more when you arn't expecting it. When you get tested you pretty much know you have it, people very rarely fail a test from my experiance. I am not a fan of belt testing especially for a fee. Over here(dallas,tx) they do belt testing that way

Being used to carlson belt whippings, i assumed that was the norm. Get handed your belt then whipped. I remember the first time i got to see someone get a belt over here, they got handed their belt, then everyone applauds. I am thinking ok belt whippings next, so i am there taking off my belt and folding it up, basicly getting ready to give out some whippings . No one else is doing that and i get a few funny looks lol. Turns out that the only thing exchanged would be a handshake and a congratulations with the person. I miss that tradition of whippings and random at the end of class promotions.

Congrats to everyone who was promoted, i know you all worked hard for it