Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody teach greco-roman wrestling in the south?

Default Anybody teach greco-roman wrestling in the south?

There doesn't seem to be much of it about. I'm not necessarily looking for anything FILA affiliated (though that might be OK), just someone who can cover the basics (preferably pure GR not modified MMA clinch work)

Cheers
    No natural ability, no skills, no conditioning, no hope...no quitting

Last edited by DDC; 05-01-2008 at 06:21 PM.

North East Hampshire - a bit south of Basingstoke

Last edited by DDC; 05-01-2008 at 06:20 PM.

Its a waste of your time looking for this. The UK is about the worst in the world. You can count the number of people with any skills on one hand. Try freestyle or judo, they are at a higher lever here than greco, though freestyle is still pretty crappy

DDC - thanks - all the clubs in the south seem to be listed as freestyle (which I guess is the dominant one)

Flake - I know there ain't much, which I was I was trawling around.

Confidence Man

I heard Dave Turton knows proper wrestling. The stuff from the olden days too ... before the Gracies even existed.

I think Dave teaches wrestling on a Tuesday, after the pick axe handle fighting session.

http://www.londonolympicwrestling.com/

The coach is a guy called Ali, he is Iranian and little bit old school but he knows his stuff. Only problem its a really small class (3-4 people). Classes aren't running at the moment as he is taking fitness instructor exams but should back in the new year.

give him call fir further details 07859825336

Troll hater.

Where does ali teach?? can't somebody start a fila associated wrestling club in northamptonshire, as my coach dissapeared back to egypt to coach the olympic team...I love the sport!! Any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by simmy View Post
    Where does ali teach?? can't somebody start a fila associated wrestling club in northamptonshire, as my coach dissapeared back to egypt to coach the olympic team...I love the sport!! Any ideas??
    He teaches at LA Fitness in Southgate (4mins away from Southgate tube station on the Picadilly line).