Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: British Army Judo Team

Gary 'Smiler' Turner
    Pro Fighter

Dog, you're really gonna be able to take advantage of me at training tomorrow...my body will be racked in pain lol!!!

Some really good stuff we did today we'll reinforce first thing tomorrow...and I'll see what else I can pick up in the technical session in the afternoon too...

Smiler

do you have to be in the army?
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Gary 'Smiler' Turner
    Pro Fighter

No, you could be in the Navy, Airforce, or special forces too!

Or you could be jammy like me, and get an invite, as at my judo club I have the Army Judo Coach, and also the Army boxing coach...

Smiler

Gary would have been in the army, but they didn't put enough chocolate in the ration packs for him
    No natural ability, no skills, no conditioning, no hope...no quitting

Tez

http://princetonjudo.org/princetonjudo/gokyu/

A really good site for Judo, good demo videos. Looked up a few mentioned on this thread as my Judo is very very basic.Mick is the Judo blackbelt.

Joint Service courses are always great fun, work hard play hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler View Post
    No, you could be in the Navy, Airforce, or special forces too!

Or you could be jammy like me, and get an invite, as at my judo club I have the Army Judo Coach, and also the Army boxing coach...

Smiler
    ahh i see. thought you might have been ex army or something. not enough chocolate i hear though
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Tez

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    ahh i see. thought you might have been ex army or something. not enough chocolate i hear though
    You kidding? you haven't seen how many Mars bars the lads take on exercise!

Gary 'Smiler' Turner
    Pro Fighter

These sessions are so hard, well, I'm working my ass of anyway (some of the guys are more judo fit than me lol! I stick with them, but suffer afterwards!), and you just totally crave fast sugars...anything to get some energy back in!

Munched fish and chips last night, craved it (pregnant?) and its a good fuel as it has protein, vits and mins, fat for energy, carbs from potato, lots of salt to replace sodium...and tastes nice!

I did my kickboxing session yesterday, and was nearly falling over through exhaustion, and had a good wobble in my whole body lol!

Cramped all last night, my knees had taken a hammering yesterday too, and had my judo craving for milk last night and kept getting up through the night to drink pint after pint...

I have a meeting I couldn't postpone this morning, so I'm not in for the skills session this morning, but will be back with them this afternoon.

So I made sure I got my grapple session in...just finished it...or just finished by it lol...I was a piece of plastecine to be moulded into a one man tapping machine this morning...my body is so tender...so weak...so bl**dy useless lol!
    Tiny totally marmalised me this morning, physically and technically...but it should also help me recover for this afternoon by getting the blood moving...

Right, quick shower, then off to that meeting...

Later!

Smiler

Smiler,

gr8 thread ...nice to hear a day by day account of training and things u have picked up and the trials and tribulations of each session.

Puts training into perspective for anyone who wishes to fight at the highest level...

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler View Post
    Tiny totally marmalised me this morning, physically and technically...but it should also help me recover for this afternoon by getting the blood moving...
    Paybacks a bitch, ain't it?
    No natural ability, no skills, no conditioning, no hope...no quitting