Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: do ya think semi pro should have head shots on floor

Default do ya think semi pro should have head shots on floor

hi just want ta see what ya think i think semi pro should have ground and pound wit mma sparing gloves as wen i had my first pro fight it was a big diffrence in rules even no i have had shit loads of semi fights it did not pepere me 4 ground and pound

If its MMA then yes, maybe with bigger gloves & called C class and then B Class with 4oz and then Full Pro...

Get rid of amateur imo, but I know some like it but you may as well enter grappling comps.

Prepare to get flamed for doing this topic again tho mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    If its MMA then yes, maybe with bigger gloves & called C class and then B Class with 4oz and then Full Pro...

Get rid of amateur imo, but I know some like it but you may as well enter grappling comps.

Prepare to get flamed for doing this topic again tho mate!!
    dont get me rong semi pro fights are great but i dont think yhey prepere ya 2 the full 4 pro

i think it would be better too as too many grapplers just take it to the floor and pull guard and it would benefit them to deal with trying to apply submissions when getting punched in the face there are some amature events with g&p ukmmac do it i think

my last 2 semi pro fights were basically pro rules except no elbows an 2 rounds instead of 3, i think these are better rules to help in the transition to professional rules.

Quote Originally Posted by adan2401 View Post
    my last 2 semi pro fights were basically pro rules except no elbows an 2 rounds instead of 3, i think these are better rules to help in the transition to professional rules.
    Thats B class mate

The whole point of semi pro is that it's headshots standing only. If you have headshots on the ground then it's pro.

i think 2 5 minute rounds with no elbows and sparring gloves is ideal for semi pro and is definately the way to bridge the gap.

even grant watermans amatuer rules uses this and again i think it is the best way
    Strategy can subsitute for talent, but talent will never subsitute for strategy.

"Sometimes hype just isn't enough" Jens Pulver

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    The whole point of semi pro is that it's headshots standing only. If you have headshots on the ground then it's pro.
    Your wrong. There is no point at all for Semi-pro. There should be only amateur and pro. Ground and pound is a very important part of MMA and should be included in all levels of MMA.

The best amateur rules i have come accross are those of the quannum interclubs. They let you strike to the head on the floor. But with the thicker 10oz MMA sparring gloves which fairtex, rouge and throwdown make.

these are my own personal rules i think there should be in place for ammature,

3x3 min rounds
    no head shots on the ground
    knees and elbows to the body only
    no neck cranks,
    no heel hooks,

semi pro - typical b class rules but with elbows standing only!

pro - bring back the vale tudo rules!! lol na pro rules are fine as they are, i think alot more shows show alows elbows on the ground though