15 31.25%
  • Mike "The Count" Bisping

10 20.83%
  • Paul "Semtex" Daley

23 47.92%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cage Warriors Fighter of the Year 2007

Default Cage Warriors Fighter of the Year 2007

2007 has been a great year for UK MMA. The nominees for Cage Warriors fighter if the year are as followed.

Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy
    Dan began the year on a high after beating the highly rated Dutch fighter Willy Ni.
    He then embarked on a year long campaign over in Japan taking part in the Cage Force eight man welter weight tournament. After beating Daizo Ishige and Hidetaka Monma he advanced on to the final where he met Yoshiyuki Yoshida. Dan was disqualified due to an accidental groin strike. Many belived this to be controversial. Never the less Dan wasted no time and got back into the cage only one week later at Cage Warriors: Enter the Rough House 5where he stopped Manuel Garcia in the first round.

Mike "The Count" Bisping
    After winning The Ultimate Fighter 3 in 2006 Mike was an official star of the UFC. His first fight back on UK soil was against Elvis Sinosec. The Manchester crowd in attendance blew the roof off the MEN arena as their hero entered the octagon. Mike won that fight convincingly. His second fight of the year was against his ultimate fighter nemesis Matt Hamil, Mike won a decision.
    In November this year Mike became the first British fighter to headline a UFC event. Mike lost a contaversial decision against Rashad Evans but many belived Mike had won that fight.

Paul "Semtex" Daley
    Daniel Weichel was Pauls first victim of 2007. Paul successfully defended the FX3 Welter Weight title in spectacular fashion by knocking out the european standout in the first round with a knee strike.
    Paul then faced off against old rival Paul Jenkins to beat the Welsh veteran for a third successive time to retain his Cage Rage title.
    For Pauls third fight of the year he ventured stateside to face off against the dangerous Duane "Bang" Ludwig on the same card as Shamrock Vs Baroni. Paul outstriked one of the best strikers in MMA and gained many new fans due to his exiting fighting style and the way he handled ludwig so comfortably. Pauls final fight of the year was against Mark Weir. Paul, who was outsized was able to break down Weirs reach advantage to knock him out in the second round. 2007 for Daley ment four wins, four knockouts.

They all are really. All deserve recognition for their acchivements

Has to be Daley for me how can u top 4 fights 4 knockouts

Quote Originally Posted by gorillaacademy View Post
    Has to be Daley for me how can u top 4 fights 4 knockouts
    how did you vote for hardy then?

Anyone want to comment on my kick ass write up or wha?

I didnt it wouldnt let me vote

Quote Originally Posted by MMAlien View Post
    Anyone want to comment on my kick ass write up or wha?
    fucking brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
    fucking brilliant!
    Thanks Steve, anyone else?

it was shit only joking not bad

Quote Originally Posted by Death wish View Post
    it was shit only joking not bad
    Ill see you at the school gates at 3:30, be ready to throwdown bitch, if im not there start without me!