Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decribe MMA

Default Decribe MMA

Setting the scene:

You're having a nice conversation with a few people you barely know. They know you do some form of martial arts but would like to know more... so how do you desribe MMA without mentioning the words; cage fighting, UFC and no holds barred?
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Free form martial arts
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

Tron

It's like Taekwondo only with ring girls.

Easy. It's a combat sport where you can use any form of martial arts to win !

It's VERY uncomfortable when people ask what it is. I have fine tuned it to the above answer.

Tron

Why not just say you do rally driving or sky diving or something more exciting and pull-potent?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    Setting the scene:

You're having a nice conversation with a few people you barely know. They know you do some form of martial arts but would like to know more... so how do you desribe MMA without mentioning the words; cage fighting, UFC and no holds barred?
    i normally say i train a mix of jui-jitsu and mauy thai...that generally leaves them as confused as before they asked but at least you tried
    "i'm from London innit. i aint gonna mess about hitting ya wiv sticks un bottles; i'd just smash you over the 'ead wiv me pitbull."

Quote Originally Posted by Tron View Post
    Why not just say you do rally driving or sky diving or something more exciting and pull-potent?
    Because MMA is more badass than either of those!

And more believable... f*ck paying to jump out of a plane thousands of feet in the air. Or driving at 100mph teetering on the edge of cliffs... I'd rather get punched in the face by a crazed Kung Fu monkey.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Setting the scene:

I'd say to them if you don't know what MMA is now you are a retard.

Setting the scene:

Its like what you do but it works.
    Gods of War token Irishman.

Gods of War MMA Reading Berkshire

Reading Berkshire Mixed Martial Arts

Always remember: The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data.'

Tron

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I'd say to them if you don't know what MMA is now you are a retard.
    I don't call people retarded except on forums. When they reply "sorry mate never heard of NMA" are you going to say "LOL Phowned!", you retard?