Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Contender Asia Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Zanmato View Post
    I agree, it's some rich guy from Australia that goes on holiday every month or two, and I don't think he's even been watching the show, but I told him about it anyway, because I think it'd be a good experience, and if I'm not going, then someone I speak to regularly might as well.

I'm going to have to avoid him for a couple of weeks until the show if over though!
    mate thats totally understandable, even i would avoid him for a good coupla weeks !! god im really gonna miss this show when it ends thou, its been really good

Yeah I've enjoyed it a lot so far. At least we'll have The Ultimate Fighter, so we'll not quite have to go cold turkey just yet, lol.
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

Episode 13

I think this fight just shows you the difference in class and power between the 2 semi-finalists. I was abit annoyed that the loser didnt fight as well as he had done previously. But total respect, he was very gracious in defeat and has probably opened alot of people's eyes to how much talent he possesses.

Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

******POSSIBLE SPOILER******

I agree with Xanthic. Would like to have seen more from the loser of this fight, but he just looked over awed. Still, he should be impressed by what he has achieved. Also, what the hell was going on with that count in the first round? The ref got to 8 and he was still sat on the floor. Surely that's when you go: "9, 10!" not "you okay? You want to fight? You still want fight?" until he finally gets up and stumbles around for a bit.
    LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE MMA - Home to Shay Walsh, Matty Steele and Alex 'The Marksman' Makhonin

Quote Originally Posted by Emmet J View Post
    ******POSSIBLE SPOILER******

I agree with Xanthic. Would like to have seen more from the loser of this fight, but he just looked over awed. Still, he should be impressed by what he has achieved. Also, what the hell was going on with that count in the first round? The ref got to 8 and he was still sat on the floor. Surely that's when you go: "9, 10!" not "you okay? You want to fight? You still want fight?" until he finally gets up and stumbles around for a bit.
    i thought that as well, by the time he got up he would have been counted out.. and totally agree with xanthic as well, for someone who was picked last at the beginning he has come so far an shown some skill but when up against yod he was just over awed an clammed up..

Yeah I've enjoyed it a lot so far. At least we'll have The Ultimate Fighter, so we'll not quite have to go cold turkey just yet, lol.
    true, but from the look of this series the guys in the house look like pricks, but then i suppose thats what makes good tv

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjackflash View Post
    true, but from the look of this series the guys in the house look like pricks, but then i suppose thats what makes good tv
    I used to think so, but TCA showed me that you can have a combat sport reality show without all the laboured pranks, arguing and house destruction. I couldn't really give a toss about TUF anymore, wouldn't care if they didn't have another series next year, but I'm still going to watch it as long as it's on.
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmet J View Post
    Also, what the hell was going on with that count in the first round? The ref got to 8 and he was still sat on the floor. Surely that's when you go: "9, 10!" not "you okay? You want to fight? You still want fight?" until he finally gets up and stumbles around for a bit.
    I know! I was like "What the f...."... that last punch that finished him at the end looked quite heavy as well. Especially when he was saying he needed to watch his hands...
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

I used to think so, but TCA showed me that you can have a combat sport reality show without all the laboured pranks, arguing and house destruction. I couldn't really give a toss about TUF anymore, wouldn't care if they didn't have another series next year, but I'm still going to watch it as long as it's on.
    yeah man im watching it just for the fights/training nothing else, yeah TCA was such a good show i hope they do another series...

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjackflash View Post
    yeah man im watching it just for the fights/training nothing else, yeah TCA was such a good show i hope they do another series...
    I think TCA has shown you can get great entertainment without having to trash the house and use obscene language and have conflicts with one another (minus the Bukhari and Dhabar incident ) lol. Its been awesome to just watch fighters from so many different backgrounds/nationalities and of top calibre come together and give it their all. And the fact that all have commented on how they have become great friends after the show and train with each other and even cornered one another is just awesome.

And aye i hope they do another series that would be awesome.
    Last edited by soul_assasin; 11-04-2008 at 08:33 AM.