Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Krav Maga ...

Default Krav Maga ...

Anyone got any idea if this guy is any good?

http://www.kravmaga-system.com/en/index.php

A few people in work talking about it.

Maybe they've been watching too many Bourne films

Seriously though anyone know this guys credentials, seems a bit gimmicky and expensive to me ...

The link didnt work for me

Krav maga was designed as a self defense system by the israelis.

Some good stuff, but a lot of classes don't spar, which is an issue for me
    No natural ability, no skills, no conditioning, no hope...no quitting

Transilvania , thats fucking classic , you get to fight dracula at the end , awesome .

All the krav maga vids i have seen is like a fat bloke and everyone falling over him , im sure there is a few hard bastards who do it ( special ops ) but they just make it look stupid

detox,

been doing Krav maga alongside my MMA training for like 8 months now and i love it! teach you some proper brutal stuff which is very useful and 'realistic', which you need when considering self defense on the street, no fancy stuff just solid techniques that work - i reccomend it mate

we have alot of bouncers, bodyguards etc train with us and they all find it very useful

hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisExtreme101 View Post

we have alot of bouncers, bodyguards etc train with us and they all find it very useful
    must be good then

Hey Fella,
    I teach krav maga in central london (gymbox-st martins lane Wedns at 8pm) and we spar at the end of every class, box, kickbox, wrestle and roll - anything goes.
    There are a couple of different schools of krav maga and to be honest some of them are not so good - they are just selling a product. I have trained with some other instructors who are technically brilliant but as soon as you punch them in the face they freeze up, not such a good thing for a self defence instructor. In my opinion you should keep it real and spar like you mean it, the girls in my class mix it up as good as the guys.
    I am putting my neck out here but I would keep away from any I.K.M.F krav instructors as that organisation, although one of the biggest, carries very little clout in Israel.
    If you want a decent instructor p.m me details of your whereabouts and I will point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
    Krav maga was designed as a self defense system by the israelis.

Some good stuff, but a lot of classes don't spar, which is an issue for me
    Yeah me too.I attended one class and they said to go to a MT class if I wanted to spar.Imo you have to spar to train for any kind of conflict.
    "My God is a squirrel called Norman,hes got arms like Popeye"
    Bullbreed rescue and rehoming.PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by David Swann View Post
    The link didnt work for me
    Try Explorer if your using Firefox.

He's just recently opened a class in Liverpool and a few people I know where interested in it (after watching 'Human Weapon').

Just wanted to know if the guy who teaches it 'Adrian Siman' is any good or if anyone has experienced his class.

Anyone know of any classes in the East Anglia region?