Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Krav Maga ...

Furious, can you checkout this website and let me know if they are any good?

http://www.kmnw.co.uk/defensive_training.htm

allan, I know the guy who runs kmnw, attended a seminar that he was at about 4 years ago, didnt get an oppertunity to train with him but he seems to know his stuff, also because he cross trains in kapap, krav and I think boxing he is deffinately worth checking out. His name is Tony.

The words dummie and pram come to mind
    I thought you would be more familiar with the words fat and plank, d tec.
    Seems like you like to stir shit and offend, but I guess that get asses to your classes.
    Also whats with refering to your past alias (scorpion) in the third party, sounds a bit like WWE wrestlers "the Rock says he will not be defeated. Grow up you gobshite.

steve_langford

LMFAO

Rich.......its worked! thats all I have to say lol

you guys really need to get out more!

Is there any more information on the Krav Maga lessons in Liverpool please?

Right, mma doesnt work against multiple assailants with weapons.

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=2wOnMg...eature=related
    http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bru2YzGBFI
    I guess this is the answer.

Thai Boxing doesnt work in the street, because no matter how hard they spar, they dont practice groin shots. Their training is useless.

A lot of people in the self defense community have that opinion.

I've trained a little bit(a year ) in krav when I was younger, we were taught a lot of fancy aikido-like stuff. But guillotines and throws were considered as "pro-wrestling crap" by most. Insecure fat people were told they would do fine in a street fight because they knew a few techniques that would answer any situation. But fighting is irrational and brutal, and it's hard to teach someone who is already naturally afraid to get that killer instinct and the required confidence.

Train in MMA, and just accept propper straighteners.Nothing is better than a slam and some GNP! You can't train for a streetfight, and that would be silly. Avoid dangereous places and always remain calm when confronted with aggression.

I dont want to bash the self-defense community but a lot of people are just here for the money, some others know their stuff and are legitimate(Geoff Thomson for instance).

Krav Maga seems to have both.
    Last edited by Le_Divin_Marquis; 04-09-2008 at 07:03 PM.

i got jumped by three guys once..had been training mma for a while and spiked one of the guys onto his shoulder blade,sonds good but i then fucked up by instictvely going down to finish him and forgot about the other guys.got a broken jaw out of that ha ha..moral of my story is to stay on feet ha ha ..ps krav maga is good dtec your a twat

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Divin_Marquis View Post
    Right, mma doesnt work against multiple assailants with weapons.

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=2wOnMg...eature=related
    http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bru2YzGBFI
    I guess this is the answer.

Thai Boxing doesnt work in the street, because no matter how hard they spar, they dont practice groin shots. Their training is useless.

A lot of people in the self defense community have that opinion.

I've trained a little bit(a year ) in krav when I was younger, we were taught a lot of fancy aikido-like stuff. But guillotines and throws were considered as "pro-wrestling crap" by most. Insecure fat people were told they would do fine in a street fight because they knew a few techniques that would answer any situation. But fighting is irrational and brutal, and it's hard to teach someone who is already naturally afraid to get that killer instinct and the required confidence.

Train in MMA, and just accept propper straighteners.Nothing is better than a slam and some GNP! You can't train for a streetfight, and that would be silly. Avoid dangereous places and always remain calm when confronted with aggression.

I dont want to bash the self-defense community but a lot of people are just here for the money, some others know their stuff and are legitimate(Geoff Thomson for instance).

Krav Maga seems to have both.
    Good post.

I enjoy MMA as a spectacle and as a sport. I want to change my career and think Krav Maga may be beneficial, but don't know enough about it to really argue the toss either way.

Its not his cup you can feel.... Mike Bishop's Avatar

Just because I don't bite people and kick them in the balls when I'm sparring doesn't mean I won't when I need to. Are you trying to tell me you spar using a complete no holds barred approach. Can you post a video of some f your sessions as I'm genuinely interested

Agree with marc though that it's a mindset above everything else