Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Krav Maga ...

Quote Originally Posted by D-TEC View Post
    LOL is there a black belt in Keysi?
    Erm, not that I know of - don't train in it.
    "Amateur levels are for 'get in there and try' Pro levels are for 'get in there and do' A 'balls before brains' attitude to Professional MMA is only going to end in tears" Mr A Chatfield

Warley Rugby club Tat bank rd oldbury Birmingham B69 4NH

Quote Originally Posted by bogstandard View Post
    The man who singlehandedly ruined the career of Israel Costa in the UK by making him out to be invincible and annoying most of cagewarriors with the constant pimping of him?
    The man who colours his eyes in to look "evil" on his clubs website?

Don't have a clue who he is!

As far as I know Israel did that himself by not showing up to fights and taking on guys he should never have done He managed himself Scorpion just got his foot in the door and promoted him the way he asked Him to Scopion couldent help that he was crap lol. He teaches at ricks you should ask him i havent seen or heard off him for years All the trolling that was going on a few years ago was funny Im glad you remember btw do you like my eyes on myspace?

Keysi ninja!!!
    Last edited by D-TEC; 01-02-2008 at 04:02 PM.

Don't train at Ricks - He is a good friend though.

To be fair Sc0r.., erm, D-Tec, You did make him out to be muthafucking robocop or something.
    "Amateur levels are for 'get in there and try' Pro levels are for 'get in there and do' A 'balls before brains' attitude to Professional MMA is only going to end in tears" Mr A Chatfield

Don't train at Ricks - He is a good friend though.

To be fair Sc0r.., erm, D-Tec, You did make him out to be muthafucking robocop or something.
    He told scorpion he was brazilian and he had fought mma in brazil and trained BJJ etc what can I say......... he was wrong LMAO my BJJ coach Guilherme Maia watched him lose 4 fights in a row at a grappling torny that was bad now hes a purple belt BJJ 13 months since he was graded blue go figure. You never said if you like my eyes on myspace?.
    Last edited by D-TEC; 02-02-2008 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D-TEC View Post
    He was brazilian said he had fought mma in brazil and trained BJJ etc what can I say......... he was wrong LMAO my BJJ coach Guilherme Maia watched him lose 4 fights in a row at a grappling torny that was bad now hes a purple belt BJJ 13 months since he was graded blue go figure. You never said if you like my eyes on myspace?.
    Who graded him?

I think the eyes are daft and don't give a very professional impression, But hey, they go with the teeth.

Who graded him?

I think the eyes are daft and don't give a very professional impression, But hey, they go with the teeth.
    Guilherme Maia graded him blue as far as I have been told Pedro bessa graded him purple

I like my eyes and gumshield dont hurt my feelings! im not serious but my coaching and club is!

where do you train?
    Last edited by D-TEC; 01-02-2008 at 04:25 PM.

Decent coaches then.

I train Thai with Shaun Smith (under Master Sken) - aren't too fussed about training for MMA nowadays.

Decent coaches then.

I train Thai with Shaun Smith (under Master Sken) - aren't too fussed about training for MMA nowadays.
    So whats your opinion on Pure Muay Thai for the streets?

I thinks its good, but it doesn't have the complete skill set to deal with all problems. Like I said before and similar to Marc Goddard who has hit the nail on the head, training mma/thai/bjj/sambo/whatever does not turn you into a hard ass. It is all sport based and therefore bound by rules, rules which Mr Coked up aggro bastard and his mates will not appreciate or stick too.

Also, when things kick off, you revert to what you know - be it any of the above arts. But this might not be the best plan if blades, bottles etc are involved eg I wouldn't want to thai clinch and knee someone with a knife because there is a good chance even if you smash their face in that you'll be stabbed.
    From what I can tell, arts like Krav Maga and even Keysi are more about the mindset of not being a sport which, for self defense is awesome. Some of the ideas of Keysi are fantastic (some are not though mind...) - eg they have a training centre set out like a night club with smoke machines, lights and music - much more realistic than a padded gym somewhere!.

I'm not slagging off MMA - I love it in fact, but it is a sport. The pinnacle of combats sports, but still a sport.

Anyway, best martial art for self preservation is a pair of nikes and a yellow streak - leg it and live another day!
    Last edited by bogstandard; 01-02-2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: spilling.

D-TEC

if you are scorpion you are very stupid.

you made fool of yourself when scorpion

and now making new fool of yourself