Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Age

well befor eis atrted mma , i was out and about juts looking for fights been a total dick head.

then when i started i sort of didnt do that anymore , and stopped been a trouble maker , and put all my wanting to hurt people and energy inot mma.

besides i didnit have time to g out with friends and light fires , i wa training
    being empty of yourself you cannot be attacked because you arent filled by you.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    Are you serious? Do you believe children should be allowed to do whatever they are happy to?
    Leigh What i am Saying is I have seen under 16's Taking part in a BJJ Comp.
    My point is they still put on Arm bars holds etc... So an under 16 MMA Fight Is just a Grappling match realy but with out Gi........
    Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway...

Yeah, I agree with you. I just think that letting the kids decide that its ok is a bit irresponsible. But I think I got the wrong end of the stick on your post
    www.vtjiujitsu.co.uk - Part of the Bristol Alliance

Wiltshire's Strongest Person 2008

House of Pain Bantamweight British Champion

Rally driver extraordinaire!

My kid wont ever fight... Whats the fucking point of it.. Learn them to be good at soccer or tennis... Not something which messes with your body and brain.
    Insert whiny message

Tez

Quote Originally Posted by Duchman View Post
    My kid wont ever fight... Whats the fucking point of it.. Learn them to be good at soccer or tennis... Not something which messes with your body and brain.
    The thing about kids though is they always make their own choices when they are old enough. We might intend that they are going to be doctors or lawyers etc but they rarely have the same ambitions as you do!
    Fighting is alot better though than some choices like drugs.

Our talented 7 year old Joe is a mini Leigh, he even looks like him, mmm! He's seen videos of Leigh fighting and def tries to copy him lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Tez View Post
    The thing about kids though is they always make their own choices when they are old enough. We might intend that they are going to be doctors or lawyers etc but they rarely have the same ambitions as you do!
    Fighting is alot better though than some choices like drugs.

Our talented 7 year old Joe is a mini Leigh, he even looks like him, mmm! He's seen videos of Leigh fighting and def tries to copy him lol!
    Fighting will often lead to drugs.
    Insert whiny message

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you. I just think that letting the kids decide that its ok is a bit irresponsible. But I think I got the wrong end of the stick on your post
    Leigh ok may be i could explained things better............
    Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Im not 100 % sure but i dont even think that under 16s in Judo can use arms bars or chokes in comps. i may be wrong.
    Part correct, You fight as a senior when you get to 16 which then means that you are fighting men with full rules. However you are allowed to enter senior comps when you are 14 so if you want to step up you can.
    In europe they start subs at 14.
    I wouldn't teach a sub to an under 12 but if they are taught right i think they can be introduced at 12 ish.

As for MMA, It would be a hard call i wouldn't put a 7 yo in a fight but maybe a grappling match with no subs.

Is very important around here MikeyL's Avatar

Are we talking about what age it is ok to compete or what kids can be taught?

Personally I cant see ther harm kids having a ranked comp in their training as the trainer can set the rules, make sure everything is best for his students etc.

I dont think kids should be taught subs till they are at least 15-16 or some kid will end up neck cranking the fuck out of someone in the playground. I like the idea that positions should be taught and points awarded for pulling them off though.

Definetly no head shots will they are 16.
    The views I express on this forum are my own and are no way associated with any organisation I work with.

http://www.mmaunltd.com/

http://www.mmahitpit.com/diaries/all...blogs/mikeleng

I don't see a problem with it, as long as it was no head shots and no striking on the ground, so it would just be combining kids rules kickboxing with a grappling comp. Its more the atmosphere that they compete in thats important
    My website now has a new domain, check it out - www.modernviolentgentlemen.com